Means and equipment maintenance
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Sarasota, Florida, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role coil forming, you will work on a variety production, development and experimental components. Possesses thorough knowledge of all machinery, tooling, winding procedures and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- • Is able to read, understand and work directly from Engineering drawings and follow Process Routing Sheets.
- • Inspects wire components using magnifying devices and measuring instrumentation to ensure compliance with production specifications and Engineering standards.
- • Operates and maintains specialized Coil Forming machinery.
- • Assists Engineering in the development of new tooling required for programs in development.
- • Performs cleaning and stress relieving operations of production components.
- • Completes required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- • Observes all safety procedures and uses proper protective gear.
- • Keeps work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- • Manual dexterity.
- • Perform repetitive assembly and hand operations. Operate and adjust equipment following general instructions. Make simple set-ups and perform routine, preventative maintenance.
- • Comply with plant safety rules. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- • Supply accurate information on labor reporting, material, scrap and process. Detect and report to proper supervision unusual or defective conditions.
- • Perform similar or associated departmental duties as assigned and directed.
- • Use Standard measuring tools and gages to check the quality of parts. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other manufacturing drawings and specifications.
- • Must be able to perform a minimum of tasks as defined in the plant certification task lists at or above standard rate and with acceptable quality.
- • Run production equipment as needed.
- • Must be agile and willing to cross train in other departments depending on business needs.
- • Must be aware of what 5S stands for and be able to sustain daily within their respective line and / or department.
- • Performs other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Must be willing to travel for training.
Education and/or Experience:
- • High School Diploma or GED
- • Experience with industrial ovens helpful but not required
- • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, engineering documentation, work instructions, checklists and prints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Production Supervisors and Manager.
- • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to use measuring equipment.
- • Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- • Prefer 2 years of experience in a production environment
- • Hands-on machine operation experience preferred
Sitting 80% / Standing 10% / Walking & lifting 10% (up to 30 lbs.)
Work involves working near/with moving or mechanical equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and there is some exposure to airborne particles and fumes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Triebwerksmechaniker (m/f/d)Published on 08/14/2020Hamburg, Germany Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Winding TechnicianPublished on 08/10/2020Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Operator Bake shopPublished on 07/30/2020Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair