Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Santa rosa, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
I. Job Summary
The Quality Engineer position exists because of the central role quality plays in the support of the aerospace products we produce. Customers demand a compliance to FAA, AS9100 and other standards and engineering level expertise is required to support those needs.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reason:
Under limited supervision:
- • Works as Quality Assurance liaison with Program Managers, Customers, Aviation Agencies, Dept. of Defense Representatives etc...
- • Interprets customer requirements, communicates them to the team owners and implements them to ensure compliance for new and concurrent programs; Familiar with “Gating Processes” when working with new products
- • Designs and implements methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- • Performs Data Analysis towards improvement in process control including the development and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- • Supports production problem identification, loss reporting and continuous improvement
- • Investigates Customer Warranty Claims including implementation of Corrective and Preventive Action
- • Performs process capability studies
- • Supports requirements to meet AS9100 Certification (Lead Auditor Training a ++)
- • Performs internal and external audits
- • Works directly with suppliers on Non-conforming material, supplier performance and improvement as applicable
- • Performs Product Conformity FAI/PPAP, Testing and inspection
- • Investigates Customer Warranty Claims implementation of Corrective and Preventive Action, mistake proofing, process /product improvement
- • Leads Kaizen events for process improvement.
- • Creates and implements Advance Quality Plans including FMEA, Control Plans, Process Flows
- • Supports Quality Management Initiatives and Corporate Flow Down requirements
- • Preparation of QA reports.
- • Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc...)
- • Works with CAD software; Knowledge of PLM systems.
- • Acts as Customer Designated Representative as required
- • Travel may be required to support Customer requirements
- • Creates and Perform Training as required
- • Education level – Requires BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. 5 years experience preferred.
- • Language skills – Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- • Mathematical skills – Strong basic engineering level mathematical skills required.
- • Experience – Technical Skills – Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering principles; understanding of wiring and use of equipment associated with fabrication and manufacturing of harnesses and conduits. Ability to use of CAD; familiar with documentation management; Knowledge of compliance requirements (AS9100; FAA); Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and associated documentation. Minimum 3 years' experience in similar role.
- • Interpersonal skills - Ability to communicate; to demonstrate problem solving skills to lead individuals and teams; to create an environment that promotes teamwork and group dynamics to reach business metrics and goals; to work and communicate with upper and same level managers; to demonstrate and effectively communicate issues to management. In essence to effectively work in a team and get the job done.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to fingers; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.