Manufacturing Engineer II
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
ca 95403 santa rosa, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
I. Job Summary
Works closely with all functional groups to develop cost effective manufacturing and assembly processes and related documentation for use throughout the manufacturing facility.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- • Create new and/or correct/modify/rewrite existing production routings defining each operation required to move a component, sub assembly, or assembly through the manufacturing process from issuance of raw material through production assembly and test.
- • Create new and/or correct/modify/rewrite existing manufacturing work instructions and procedures defining the manufacturing steps.
- • Assume complete process ownership of assigned manufacturing or assembly area and provide appropriate level of floor support, interfacing with other functional groups as required, to review and resolve processing issues.
- • Research, specify and/or design tooling and fixtures to aid in manufacturing and inspection.
- • Participate in “make/buy” decision process to determine the most cost effective way to obtain components. Support Supply Chain with supplier inspection, accreditation and selection.
- • Participate in feasibility teams to review product design with respect to the most optimized, efficient, and cost effective manufacturing processes.
- • Where applicable, create/modify computer programs to streamline and improve accuracy of data collection throughout Operations.
- • Perform industrial engineering tasks, as required, such as time studies and work center/cell development and layout to improve product work flow and decrease lead time/cost.
- • Support and provide assistance, as required, for various special projects.
Bachelor degree (BS) in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or technical school, and 4 plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, mechanical drawings and procedure manuals, standard processes and requirements.
Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to speak, read, and write the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Spanish is a plus.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Experience – Technical Skills
Medium Level position. 4 plus years of related experience and/or training.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering, metal forming and tube bending, and/or electrical, electronical, and automation engineering.
Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Knowledge and usage of Inventor, Altium, LabView, or other software specific to Production Control and Inspection and Validation is a plus.
Interpersonal skills required: Communication, team player, problem solving, time management skills, ability to accept and provide constructive feedback, mentoring and coaching.
Relationship with other departments
The Manufacturing Engineer II will work with Quality Assurance, Production, Planning, Purchasing, and Finance departments to insure timely projects implementation into production.
Supervisory responsibilities (if required)
The Manufacturing Engineer II may direct work to Engineering Technicians.
IV. Performance metrics
Individual performance metrics will be identified annually between the Design Engineer II and the direct manager, based on the company strategy and Hoshin Kanri flowed down to the department by senior management.
Performance metrics outputs will be reviewed annually with the direct manager.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Tool Design Engineer 2Published on 01/10/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer 2Published on 01/10/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Manufacturing Engineer 3Published on 01/10/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering