Manufacture / assembly and repair
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
ca 95403 santa rosa, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 3 years
Without help or direction, must be able to:
- • Setup and operate CNC equipment such as CNC lathes and CNC mills.
- • Understand and edit G-Code programming.
- • Setup and operate manual machines such as milling machines, engine lathes, chuckers, and surface grinders.
- • Machine and inspect parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- • Select and machine various materials such as aluminum, brass, stainless steel, various plastics, etc.
- • Correctly read and interpret prints/drawings.
- • Perform tool grinding on carbide and high-speed tool bits and drills.
- • Use shop mathematics including trigonometry.
- • Perform precision measuring inspection of parts using micrometers, dial indicators and other instruments.
- • Setup and operate shop secondary machinery such as cutoff saws, drill presses, vises, bench and other tool grinders, abrasive saw, tumblers, etc.
- • Perform manual deburring.
- • Maintain a sufficient set of personal tools to do your job.
- • Understand and accurately complete all shop paperwork such as routings, and lot numbers.
- • Produce and maintain set-up sheets.
- • Perform routine maintenance on shop machinery such as, oil machines, maintain coolant etc.
- • Maintain high quality and safety standards.
- • Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities.
- • Perform other tasks as assigned by department supervisor.
- • Minimum of HS diploma. Some college or trade school preferred.
- • Ability to read and understand work instructions and assembly drawings; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions; must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- • Strong basic mathematical skills including trigonometry.
Experience – Technical Skills
- • Requires a minimum of two years related experience.
- • Computer literate; basic understanding of common programs.
- • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- • Excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination; familiarity with various measuring equipment; good understanding of the working qualities of various metals; commitment to excellence and high standards; versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm; acute attention to detail; ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- • Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- • Must have effective communication with all departments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job the employee is frequently asked to lift up to 65 pounds from ground to above waist; sit or stand in one place for up to 8 hours per day; use arms and hands to fingers to use machines and equipment; reach and bend; and talk and hear. Specific vision requirements required by the job include close vision, and ability to focus.
Weekend Shift Preferred, 3 x 12 hour days, Friday - Sunday 5:30am - 6:00pm
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; scrap metal chips; toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. The work area is a warehouse atmosphere where temperatures are cool to warm.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Autonomous Production Unit ManagerPublished on 11/19/2019Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler IPublished on 10/16/2019Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Manufacturing Engineer IIPublished on 10/01/2019Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair