Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Santa rosa, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
Support the Supply chain department of Safran Interconnect Americas to improve its global supply chain performance (cost, quality, delivery, service, innovation). Define Purchasing strategy and commodity roadmap for the commodities assigned, deploy best practices and tools to ensure cost reduction, on time delivery and supplier contracting objectives.
Demonstrate a strong commitment to the company's objectives for 100% On Time Deliveries, Quality, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and any other improvement initiatives.
II. Main Assignments : essential duties and responsibilities
- • Effectively manage supply chain relationships and contract with suppliers for the assigned commodities:
- • Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers to meet company sourcing strategies / needs (commodity, program, volume, and timing), in line with the Safran Interconnect and Safran Group Purchasing Policy and strategy. Perform initial Supplier assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity). Obtain information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc.
- • Contribute to the Cost reduction plan defined for the commodities assigned or group synergies.
- • Support actively the Purchasing management for updated the Purchasing roadmaps by providing inputs and results on the commodities managed.
- • Ensure adherence to the company Supply Chain management policies, procedures and Purchasing best practices.
- • Maintain a continuous supply of materials to avoid any disruptions in manufacturing and/or customer service, performing all work with a sense of urgency and timeliness:
Reconcile differences in price or quantity of received supplier products with the Accounts Payable and Receiving departments.
- • Support the Engineering and Program departments during the industrialization of new products :
Control that the cost, quality and logistic terms won't derivate to the initial objectives and before the serial production phase
- • Monitors supplier performance: prepares reports and other records pertaining to the items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories, as applicable.
- • Education Level:
- • Language skills
- • Mathematical skills
- • Experience – Technical Skills (Savoir-faire)
Financial, engineering and business knowledge are additional skills to be considered for this job description
MRP system skills mandatory
Able to read and understand mechanical and or technical drawings.
- • Interpersonal skills
Good communication skills
Ownership and leadership
Support Internal Quality and Supplier Performance Management team in case of supplier non-performance.
Conduct Supplier Performance review and corrective action plan if necessary and following corporate procedures and tools.
Specificity of the job
Frequent travel to suppliers and other company sites will be part of the Commodity Manager duties.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.