Manufacture / assembly and repair
Santa maria, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 5 years
Tooling Manager is responsible for the management of the tooling and mold making operation. This includes new projects, equipment, procurement, and fabrication and maintenance. Coordinates with Engineering, Manufacturing and Tool Makers to insure proper tools are defined and made.
Summary of Duties:
- • Effectively supervises assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- • Assigns personnel to the tasks of tool production.
- • Responsible for ensuring fabrication of fixtures, tools or components to reproduce the production parts and the required features accurately using design drawings and engineering specifications.
- • Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective department planning, policies, and procedures.
- • Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with employees, management and other company personnel.
- • Motivate employees and build teams.
- • Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- • Stays informed of developments and changes in techniques and methods.
- • Performs all departmental duties as needed.
- • Completes special projects as assigned.
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent experience (+2 years)
Experience: 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with 5 years of experience managing a tooling operation related to the composites industry
- • Proficient with print reading.
- • Experienced with the use of MS Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) as well as web-based computer applications.
- • Well organized, planning and time management skills, quality oriented, problem solving.
- • Able to demonstrate proficiency in problem solving, continuous improvement, and managing projects while maintaining strict deadlines and budget adherence
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail, adapt easily to change, be highly organized, self-motivated, and have a high level of personal energy.
- • Basic knowledge of steels and aluminum metal fabrication and equipment, plus composite resins, molding techniques, plaster casting.
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1TM1
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Assembler M/FPublished on 07/27/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler M/FPublished on 07/26/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler M/FPublished on 06/24/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair