Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Santa maria, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Materials Manager is responsible for maintaining material control fundamentals and working to eliminate part shortages. The Materials Manager will manage Planning, Purchasing, and S&OP related elements. This position may also oversee the Stockroom and Business Analysts, if applicable.
Summary of Duties:
- • Identify ways to eliminate shortages and corresponding Production Enablement KPIs to ensure COTD performance meets or exceeds Corporate or Division standards.
- • Train and develop Supply Chain employees.
- • Prepare and present evaluations to employees and set expectations and indicate areas of improvement.
- • Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the MRP system ensuring MRP system integrity.
- • Work with corporate and the division level supply chain organization to maintain all KPIs
- • Coach individual departments to work as a cohesive material control organization
- • Lead and participate in problem-solving for materials and supply chain processes at the site, as well as, at the division level.
- • Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- • Review production schedules, work order, and current staff to determine personnel and materials requirements and priorities.
- • Confer with Production Managers, Program Managers, and other departments to assess current progress and discuss needed changes.
- • As required, support SAFRAN tollgate reviews, etc. as well as customer reviews/audits
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 5 years of experience supporting Planning, Purchasing and MRP settings activity. 2+ years in a management/leadership role.
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- • Experience with an MRP system, or ability to learn MRP systems
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Bachelor's degree
- • Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering
- • 7+ years of material control experience
- • 5 or more years of management role experience
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.