Industrial Engineer III
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Santa maria, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Project manage the Cabin industrialization deliverables on all new programs as part of the integrated program team. Responsible for effective industrialization of each new program. Provide Industrial Engineering support and coordination during the development of aircraft interior components. Responsible for determining most cost effective methods to create products. Focal for industrialization on each new program.
Summary of Duties:
- • Project manage Cabin industrialization deliverables on new programs as part of the integrated program team
- • Develop and execute Industrialization plans in accordance with Cabin standards and program goals
- • Represent the industrialization team in customer and program meetings as required
- • Create the production element of the industrial dossier, mainly Manufacturing Bill of Materials, Routers, Standardized work instructions (including operation's allocated time)
- • Work with the Design and Manufacturing teams to develop optimal production processes for each product type
- • Coordinate with Facilities to ensure that the necessary production floor space and support is allocated in conjunction with the required schedule
- • Provide feedback to Design group for DFMA (design for manufacture and assembly)
- • Integrate plan for the design, manufacture and implementation of new tools or prototypes from the tooling engineering teams on the new program
- • Develop a detailed phasing schedule for implementation of new lines
- • Develop Cycle time and Takt Time standards and plans to achieve them
- • Maintain industrialization metrics in line with Cabin standard KPI's and communicate performance on a regular basis
- • Analyze and manage industrial process and product risks during development
- • Champion and implement Lean principles
- • Lead and participate in Kaizen and 3P events to develop improvements and plans
- • Support Departmental and Personal Objectives/Measurements
Education: Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- • Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
- • Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- • Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction; ability to work within and lead in a team oriented environment
- • Excellent attention to detail.
- • Project and general management experience
- • Experience in manufacturing line set-up
- • Self-motivated and multi-tasker; able to level load own workload.
Experience: 6+ years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®., AutoCAD. Knowledge of design software
Other Skills: Experience with airworthiness regulations & LEAN tools such as Valve Stream Mapping (VSM) “5S”. Advanced knowledge of pull systems standardized work and strong problem solving skills.
Description: Senior-level position within job field.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Desired leadership experience in Aerospace
- • Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes and tooling preferred
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Design Engineer 1 M/FPublished on 07/27/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Project Engineer 4Published on 07/14/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Production Engineer 1Published on 06/23/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering