Design Engineer 1 M/F
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
2850 skyway drive ca 93455 santa maria, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Summary of Duties:
- • Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- • Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- • Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- • Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- • Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- • Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
- • Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- • Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
Level 1 Qualifications:
Education: BS Engineering/Science OR 2-Yr Technical degree with 2-3 Yrs experience in design engineering
- • 1-2 years engineering experience.
- • Sound understanding of mechanical systems, the strength of available materials, and manufacturing processes (composite experience is a plus).
- • Basic understanding of tolerances and their implications
- • Basic understanding of airframe environment, interfaces, airworthiness and regulatory requirements for passenger aircraft;
- • MS Windows.
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- • CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
- • AutoCAD is useful
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Industrial Engineer IIIPublished on 07/24/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Project Engineer 4Published on 07/14/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Production Engineer 1Published on 06/23/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering