Manufacture / assembly and repair
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Santa maria, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
This role includes the duties of the following position: Assembler. The role of Assembler is considered a mid-level role within Safran Cabin Manufacturing/Production operations – there are several levels. Levels 1, 2, 3 & Lead.
Summary of Duties:
- • Assembles aircraft interior structures and/or parts, such as bins, galleys, lavatories, sidewalls, cargo liners, etc. and builds sub-assemblies for the completion of aircraft interior structures, and/or parts using engineering drawings, company and customer specifications.
- • Adheres to company and customer specifications, work instructions, engineering prints & work orders.
- • Document materials used in each process to maintain traceability.
- • All employees are required to productively react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future. May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- • Builds sub-assemblies of aircraft components, such as:
o Fills and fairs areas as necessary per the established specification or customer limits.
o Installs inserts and applies edging material.
o Assembles sub components for the structures/units.
- • Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment during and after production.
Level 1 Qualification:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: 0-3 years of experience.
Computer Skills: Not required.
Description: Entry level position within field.
- • Requires little to no experience in discipline
- • Conducts routine tasks as directed
- • Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
- • The ability to read and write English at a level necessary for successful job performance.
- • Good hand/eye coordination a must.
- • Requires sensitivity to safety regulations and requirements.
- • Must be able to self-inspect work and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
- • Must have knowledge/familiarity to operate basic machinery & various pneumatic/hand tools.
- • Must meet or exceed current training requirements.
- • Understand the concept of utilizing work orders.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
o Ability to read engineering blue prints.
o Previous experience in Aerospace Manufacturing.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Assembler M/FPublished on 07/27/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler M/FPublished on 07/26/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Tooling ManagerPublished on 07/24/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair