Purchasing Commodity Manager H/F
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Issoudun, plaisir, Centre-Val-De-Loire, FRANCE
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
French Fluent, English Fluent
The individual in this position will be responsible for the Purchasing Commodity Strategy that will be or will have been established for assigned commodities at Company level and will oversee a group of strategic suppliers that constitute the Safran Seats supply base.
Among others, the responsibilities include:
Responsible for the Purchasing Commodity Strategy
- • For a defined list of commodities, establishes the Purchasing Commodity strategy with the full involvement of the commodity purchasers network of Safran Seats
o Establishes the Target Purchasing Policy and make it validate by the Purchasing Committee of Safran Seats
o Prospects, assess the potential suppliers and defines the sourcing and supplier base strategy (consolidation, reduction, development of new source).
- • Proposes and ensures the implementation plan strategy follow-up in all Safran Seats sites
- • Gathers and updates the data regarding volumes, deliveries and forecast through Safran Seats (budget and MTP horizon)
- • Consolidates all data related to this commodity through the company. He or she stays abreast of all innovations and technical evolutions with the view to integrate into a supplier management and contractual relationship
- • Provides a consolidated picture as needed for the Company's and Group reportingFor his or her commodities, he or she is the referent externally and internally
Responsible for the Purchasing Commodity network management
- • Organises and manages transversally the group of commodity purchasers for his /her commodity
- • Behaves as a leader of the Commodity network by :
o Leading the teamwork during global Safran Seats tenders
o Bringing his/her expertise to the commodity purchasers for during sourcing of new programmes
- • Creates and leads the relationship with Safran Seats Engineering community in all sites for his /her commodity
Management of the Suppliers' Contractual Relationship
- • Prepares and coordinates Global tender process, advises and brings his/her expertise for Local RFQ for new programmes introduction
- • Put in place the Frame contracts/ LTA and defines the acceptable Terms and Conditions applicable in line with Safran Seats Contracts' standards, defines contractual structure to annex to the LTA any specific terms and conditions related to the given programme.
- • Prepares and leads the Supplier Choice Committee
- • Manages the contracts execution and makes sure that provisions, obligations and liabilities are known and fulfilled by all entities of Safran Seats, including the non-performance penalties application
Competencies / Personal skills:
- • Master degree in Engineering or business
- • Excellent knowledge of the One Safran Purchasing Process and Supplier Quality Assurance
- • Interest and curiosity for the technologies and processes of the suppliers in his or her commodities, knowledge or experience in the field is a plus
- • Demonstrated ability to analyse and summarise
- • Negotiation skills and capability to adapt
- • Good understanding of ERP systems principles
- • Contract negotiation experience and notions of Legal principles
- • Management of business relationship for the internal network: openness, listening skills, understand specificities but oriented on global optimization of the results
- • Leadership and ability to convince
- • Fluent communication in English and French
The Commodity Manager needs to have accumulated experience of at least 8 years in the position of Strategic Buyer or Manager, or related function. He or she must know the market linked to the Commodity and understand its technical and technological aspects; as such being a referent in his domain.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Purchasing Commodity Manager H/FPublished on 03/11/2020Plaisir, United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Purchasing Commodity Manager H/FPublished on 12/16/2019Plaisir, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Acheteur commodités H/FPublished on 03/04/2020Issoudun, France Regular Full time Purchasing