Network Engineer II
Univerzitní 34 301 00 plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 3 years
The IT Network Engineer 2 is responsible to install and maintain the network communications systems and services. He/she is also required to be able to lead/coordinate projects related to their area of expertise and help develop KPI's for them.
Summary of Duties:
- - Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- - Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- - Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- - Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- - Provide Level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- - Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- - Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- - Maintain security protocols defined by the chief security office
- - Work with different business units to address their needs and concerns as it pertains to the systems that they support and manage.
- - Lead projects related to the specific applications and systems within their scope and that they have expertise on.
- - Coordinate, get approval for, and record all changes in the IT Change Management System
- - Work on escalated tickets for systems and applications within their scope
- • Bachelor's (BA or BS.) degree or an equivalent degree from a college or technical school in a related area; or 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • 3+ years of experience in field of expertise if BA acquired or 6+ years if BA not obtained
- • Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- • Deep understanding of switches and routers (e.g., Cisco, HP, Dell)
- • Deep understanding of Firewalls (e.g., Cisco ASA, Palo Alto)
- • Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- • Solid understanding of network load balancers (e.g., F5, Microsoft)
- • Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- • Experience with network monitoring/troubleshooting tools (e.g., Wireshark, Solarwinds)
- • Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
- • Ability to work ITIL compliant methodologies and processes.
- • Able to troubleshoot application level issues, general Windows networking and troubleshooting, ability to document work
Preferred Skill (Not Required):
- • Certification with ITIL V3
- • CCNP highly preferred (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.