Trade Compliance Officer
Trade compliance and risks
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
The Trade Compliance Officer is responsible ensuring all day-to-day operational tasks are carried out in collaboration with the Senior International Trade Officer. In addition to this, the role holder will assist in all other Trade Compliance matters such as Business Continuity, Security, Risk Management as well as Ethic Anti Bribery & Corruption and support the Trade Compliance Manager in the execution of plans and reports. This would involve preparing plans for execution of activities as well as reviewing applicable policies, procedures and associated documentation. The Trade Compliance Officer will ensure appropriate storage and access controls of all documentation, which is subject to external and internal audit. The Trade Compliance Officer will gather statistical data and performance metrics on activities regarding training delivery, licence authorisations, shipments, travel that may be reported to the Senior Leadership Team. This role-holder may have to deputise on topics within their job scope in the absence of the Trade Compliance Manager.
- • Compliance with all applicable International Trade Compliance Regulations including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- • Create & develop Trade Compliance working processes at the UK facility.
- • Provide sound guidance and advice on Trade Compliance issues with Program Managers.
- • Support the Trade Compliance Manager as required.
- • Product Classification of internally designed products as well as external supplier products.
- • Registration, Application and subsequent management of export authorisations using SPIRE/LITE.
- • Registration, Application of F680/F1686/ACP authorisations in collaboration with the Security Control Officer.
- • Authorising controlled exports and maintaining appropriate auditable registers and documents using SAP/GTS & Ad-Hoc process.
- • Authorising imports for Home Use / Inward Processing Relief and maintaining appropriate auditable registers and documents.
- • Deliver Trade Compliance Training to internal stakeholders.
- • Coordinate compliance-training activities in accordance with the Compliance training plan.
- • Review current training materials and collaborate with Trade Compliance Manager on learning objectives and using effective enabling objectives.
- • Collaborate on security vetting procedures with the Security Control Officer.
- • Seek out opportunity for continuous improvement through Safran+ identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- • Carry out any reasonable requests and tasks as delegated by the Trade Compliance Manager.
- • To be successful in the role the applicant will need adopt a proactive attitude to engaging with internal stakeholders within business functions to ensure that commodities being exported and imported by the business are transacted in a compliant manner from a regulatory perspective, and that accurate records are maintained for audit purposes.
- • Experience of dealing with issues, which can be complex in nature to ensure desired outcomes remain compliant.
- • Experience with Export license applications using the UK Government SPIRE application.
- • Core knowledge of the UK Export Control legislation and processes.
- • Knowledge of US Export Regulations such as ITAR and EAR and an understanding how these impact business.
- • Import and Export knowledge as it relates to working with Freight Forwarders and HMRC.
- • Knowledge of Incoterms and how they influence contractual obligations.
- • Understanding of Exporter and Importer of Record obligations.
- • Experience with SAP and GTS would be beneficial.
- • Experience with Visual Compliance Screening Applications would be beneficial.
- • Ability to deliver mandatory internal training & awareness onsite within business functions as a local subject matter expert whilst maintaining credibility.
- • Computer literacy with MS office applications.
- • Geo Political Understanding, strong relationship building, networking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- • High degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust.
- • Maintain a proactive approach to tasks with a positive attitude, seeking out opportunity to improve processes and procedures. Driving innovation through EDIs and ISIDs.
- • Experience dealing with business continuity, crisis management and execution of plans.
- • Experience dealing with Records Archive Management and Data Governance.
- • Experience of Risk Management processes and framework.
- • Experience of Project Management methodologies and be able to apply these in the role.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
- • The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated team responsible for management of a Trade Compliance Programme. This includes International Export & Import Controls, Risk Management, Business Continuity and Crisis Management, Ethics Anti Bribery – Corruption as well as Security.
- • The main focus of this role is to ensure adherence of company policies & procedures relating to International Trade Compliance programme for the business. In order to be successful in this role you must have the ability to understand complex issues and be able to rationalise solutions to effect successful outcomes.
Key performance measures:
- • Maintain accurate auditable records for external government inspection.
- • Able to interface well with fellow employees across the business and with customs brokers, forwarders and suppliers.
- • Remain customer focused and dedicated to meeting expectations whilst maintaining compliance with regulations.
- • Ability to work cross functionally and influence internal customers.
- • Ability to work independently as well as part of a successful team.
- • Display sound reasoning skills and capable of articulating information in an accurate and concise manner.
- • Display sound decision making skills based on accurate information.
- • Be able to prioritise effectively and adopt a flexible approach to tasks.
- • Must have excellent communication skills and project authority in a positive manner.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Responsable Adjoint Sûreté Etablissement H/FPublished on 12/08/2019Evry Cedex, France Regular Full time Trade compliance and risks
Manufacturing Methods EngineerPublished on 12/04/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Supplier Account Manager (SAM) – Machining & CastingPublished on 11/27/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing