Trade Compliance Manager
Trade compliance and risks
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
The role holder is accountable for ensuring full compliance with trade related activities across Safran Electrical & Power UK, managing a small team. The Trade Compliance Manager will also be responsible for managing Anti-corruption, Risk, Crisis Management and business continuity systems throughout the organisation, along with managing Security, Records Archive Management (RAM) of sensitive information processes along with Proactive Safran Integrity Program (PSIP).
- • Full accountability for the import and export compliance programme across the business including the UK Export Control Regulations, International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the UK Bribery Act and the Foreign Corrupt Policies Act (FCPA).
- • Manage the export compliance of sensitive and / or classified opportunities
- • Ensure that the company maintains compliance with any applicable Sanctions & Embargoes
- • Deploy the Safran Trade compliance policy across all designated departments and business units
- • Ensure a common approach is deployed across all designated locations and a robust communications plan is implemented
- • Provide advice and guidance to the business to ensure effective and compliant solutions can be deployed to meet business needs
- • Ensure appropriate communications, training and education are provided to all stakeholders as needed
- • Ensure that policies and processes are maintained and updated in accordance with changes to regulations
- • Implement the audit processes and take appropriate improvement actions to optimise performance
- • Manage the deployment of sensitive information processes.
- • Manage and deliver (post training) PSIP across the business.
- • Monitor the risk management process interacting with the Senior Leadership team and the Division risk manager
- • Monitor the Crisis Management and business continuity process, keeping the plan up to date and in accordance with company procedures
- • Proven experience of UK import controls, UK Export Controls and US Export Controls
- • Sound UK Export Control Regulations, ITAR, and EAR knowledge
- • Sound UK Bribery Act & FCPA knowledge
- • Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus (internal and external)
- • Determination and resilience to overcome all obstacles to key deliverables being met, whilst demonstrating behaviours in line with our culture
- • Strong facilitation skills with an ability to influence change
- • Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers
- • Ability to analyse complex business situations and advise on the impact of export control regulations and Anti-corruption regulations
- • Excellent communication and presentation skills for effectively engaging team members and stakeholders.
- • Experience in managing a team.
- • Ability to communicate in a diverse cultural environment.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
- • Directly manages a small team of 3 people based in Pitstone
- • Manages compliance across affiliate/subsidiary company (SES)
- • Manages 3rd party contractor import specialist
- • Manages 3rd party contractor for records Archive Management, on site and externally
Key performance measures:
- • No export violations as proven and audited by the UK Export Control Joint Unit
- • PSIP training 75% coverage across staff population
- • RAM achieving objective, all historic records RAM achieved within 2 years
- • Successfully implementation of Data Governance in the business
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Trade Compliance OfficerPublished on 11/13/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Trade compliance and risks
Program ManagerPublished on 11/11/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Programs
PSE LeadPublished on 11/06/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Customer services and support