Test Engineer – Test & Facilities.
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Pitstone, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
To plan, organise, execute testing, and write technical reports to support Development and Qualification tests performed on Safran products and systems.
- - Ability to lead and coordinating test and development activities for SEP products,
- - Ability to work alongside project team to deliver work on schedule and to the agreed standard
- - Plan and priorities required test work, this might include managing workload of the small team
- - Be ready to work off site at other Test Houses to setup and perform testing for Safran Electrical and Power products.
- - Support maintenance and development of the current and future motor and generator testing capabilities within the department
- - Work with the Lead Engineers, Validation and Verifications team within Engineering and Test and Facility Manager to define the testing package for qualification of Safran products
- - Take product level requirements and translate them into a validation plan to demonstrate compliance. This may involve demonstrating individual requirements in isolation or multiple requirements by a defined means (Test, Analysis, Similarity, etc.).
- - Plan the verification phase of a project, being able to identify human resources, equipment and facilities (onsite and offsite), and risk in conjunction with the V&V Engineer. Plans must be robust, meet project timescale and cost objectives.
- - Performing Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, development and qualification tests on Safran products using various pieces of test equipment available (high speed drives, Environmental Chambers, Vibration Test Rigs and other analogue and digital equipment)
- - Setting up of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and the associated electrical wiring to specific impedances, and ability to fault find test equipment and test rigs.
- - Perform data analysis of test results, assess trends to identify and help resolve product issues.
- - Ability to use and program Data Acquisition systems (Dasy Lab, Dewesoft and LabView software)
- - Writing of Technical documentation, including test procedures, Engineering Reports, Compliance Analysis, Equipment Specifications and Production Acceptance Test Specifications.
Key Performance Measures:
- - On Time Delivery / On Quality Delivery
- - Technical performance during the whole life cycle performance
- - First Time Right (Qualification Testing and Reports)
- - Reporting directly to the Test and Facility Manager
- - Assisting the Test and Facility manager in development of the motor testing capabilities and processes
- - Support development of motor testing knowledge across the team
- - Support V&V mangers in validation and verification of the clients and business requirements
- - Being responsible for development of test plans procedures
- - Support the larger engineering team id successful development of new SEP products
- - Working with R&T on development of the future technologies and with R&D to qualify and improve more mature technologies
Decision making Authority:
- - Appropriate methods of performing tests to specific industry standards.
- - Choice of rig hardware, instrumentation and monitoring.
- - Prioritisation of personal tasks within project timescales
- - Provide technical input and share knowledge within the Test and Facility team to assist with the set-up and execution of tests on Safran Products
- - Degree in Engineering, or equivalent Engineering related qualification, with specialist knowledge in a relevant field of engineering.
- - Extensive Development / certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of Development Engineering including Compliance Verification, Technical Risk, compilation of technical documentation, use of instrumentation.
- - Experience in performing Development and Qualification testing using various different pieces of test equipment, including (but not limited to):
o Environmental Chambers (e.g. Temperature, Altitude)
o Motor testing equipment (e.g. dynos, torque cells).
o Manual Test Equipment for Electronic products
o PD and Flash testing equipment
o Structural testing of SEP products and its components (Bearings, rotor etc.)
o Component testing
- - Can take raw testing requirements and devise a solution (test, inspection, analysis etc.) that will be able to demonstrate compliance, including the detail of what the proposed solution will entail.
- - Ability to produce technical documentation (Test Plans, Test Reports etc.)
- - Good understanding of the Risk Assessment process, with the ability to perform and implement mitigating actions to minimise risk.
- - Be able to anticipate potential issues and propose/implement strategies to avoid or mitigate them.
- - Perform data analysis of test results, assess trends to identify and help resolve product issues (use of statistical analysis tools would be an advantage).
- - Knowledge of 3 stage generators, 2 and 4 pole both fixed and variable frequency, and the operation of their respective control units. Experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage.
- - Knowledge of motors/smart motors and their operation in an electrical system.
- - Can accurately estimate product, resource and equipment requirements to deliver the full program need.
- - Experienced in Dewesoft & DasyLab, (use of LabView would be an advantage)
- - Ability to work under pressure to meet program deadlines
- - Good working knowledge of MS Software i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Test Engineer – Test & Facilities.Published on 05/05/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing
EMC Principal EngineerPublished on 12/17/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing
Technicien d'essais environnementaux (vibratoires et climatiques) H/FPublished on 05/12/2021Eragny, France Regular Full time Testing