Supplier Account Manager (SAM)
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
The Supplier Account Manager's (SAM) role is to lead the activities of a cross-functional team, composed of members from the different functions (Procurement, Purchasing, Supplier Performance, Supplier Quality Assurance) to deliver supplier performance and ensure internal Programme and Operations customer satisfaction.
The SAM is accountable for leading the supplier cross functional team within a designated commodity in adherence to the relevant processes, including the below :
- • Be the interface for all issues within the relevant commodity for internal and external stakeholders on supplier high level concerns, with a goal to drive closure to issues in 30 days
- • Lead Commodity Reviews, Strategy and Execution
- • Oversee the execution of all GTA's and Execution agreements with suppliers
- • Work with Sr Managers and functional leads to take prompt decisions required to achieve key performance indicators (Savings, DPPM, OTD, Shortage and exception messages by supplier)
- • Ensure the team works promptly to ensure that incoming product rejected for non-conformance to print specifications is immediately and accurately dispositioned and root cause corrected with the suppliers
- • Ensure the Commodity strategies, Supplier Choice Committee, Transfer plans are executed properly with the proper signatory levels within the business
- • Ensure alignment of the supplier portal to plan, managing shortages and tracking exception message compliance.
Supplier Relationship Management
The role holder is accountable for managing the supplier relationship with the following objectives:
- • Drive Supplier overall Performance and contract adherence as a level of escalation prior to taking unresolved issues to their manager
- • Provide supplier communication back to their manager for issues that pose any risk to the business that require senior level notification
Supplier Risk Management
Ensuring the team is correctly identifying and advising the business of risks within the commodity listing of suppliers and is pro-actively addressing the risk.
- • Manage the pricing and long term agreement execution and implementation
- • Support supplier negotiations
- • Coordinate bids and proposals
Using KPIs, the role holder will identify and assess risks, implement corrective actions and evaluate the financial savings projects and monitoring of reported Piece Part Variance. They will exercise due control of the capital and opex budgets for their accounts.
Coordinate the needs of the team with other internal stakeholders, the role holder is the first level of escalation by team members (SQA, SPM, Procurement, Commodity)
The role holder will ensure cooperation from internal customers for the team to include: Operations, Planning, Engineering, Quality, and industrialization, but not limited to those functions. OE and Aftermarket Logistic Management
- • Degree qualified or equivalent, ideally within purchasing or project management
- • Must be experienced in project and supplier management, team leadership, strategic and tactical procurement/purchasing
- • Proven experience in the aerospace or similar
- • Experience of managing complex commodities and suppliers in a build to print organization
- • Experience of managing improved performance in underperforming suppliers.
- • Negotiation: Ability to conduct negotiations internally or externally with suppliers, reach consensus, in line with savings objectives.
- • Supplier & Internal relations: Ability to establish a relationship of trust with the supplier and coalesce the needs of all parties internal and external into the form of shared and mutually acceptable solutions. Be a good communicator, including in crisis situations
- • Contract and legal: Knowledge of contract fundamentals Know how to identify potential risks. Know how to describe the contract or issue to the legal department for feedback. Understand the contractual and legal data for the supplier and manage the associated impacts, risks and opportunities . Secure Intellectual Property rights in all dealings.
- • Financial Aspects : Ability to understand the key financial metrics and tools (D&B, PPV calculations, Build Business case, establish ROI for capital or NRE investments with a supplier)
- • Reference systems and processes: Understand and manage: 1/ The Company's management system as well as the standards and procedures applicable to his/her activities and certification processes
- • Build to Print and Build to Spec: Understand the management process and rules associated with these definitions. Management impact of changes and manufacturability of changes to control costs.
- • Project management: Lead the multidisciplinary team in charge of the commodity. Fully understand the project management methodology and implement it as part of supplier management. Find the best trade-offs. Prepare and coordinate the Commodity strategies and savings roadmap plan.
- • Communication: Convey the key issues/objectives to the supplier and ensure prompt concise feedback to internal teams.
- • Cooperation: Deploy collaboration as part of a multi-partner organisation (programme team, management, customers, suppliers, etc.). In particular, effectively manage relations and understand their decision-making processes. Demonstrate a positive attitude at all levels, enabling him/her to find the best solution for Safran Power.
- • Organization/ planning: Implement a collective organization, with an associated schedule for supplier activities, in order to achieve objectives.
- • Risk and opportunity management: Anticipate and manage difficulties in advance (PROACTIVE). Assess and manage supplier-related risks. Adhere to our developed process and methods to analyse and process risks, based on quantitative and qualitative risk assessment.
- • Leadership Skills: Embark the team toward a common objective
Quality and Delivery Performance
The role holder is ultimately accountable for the quality and delivery performance of the supplier. In order to manage the quality & Delivery performance of the supplier, the role holder works jointly with the process managers for Supplier Quality, Supplier Performance and Tactical Procurement.
The Supplier Account Manager's role may vary depending on the criticality of the suppliers and complexity of the account –SAM will be dedicated to leading and coordinating all communication to the supplier while driving the team to positive results/recovery on supplier issues and performance, both contractual and published KPI's.
The suppliers within the scope of this role will be OE production suppliers and their scoping will be based on:
- • the number of Tight and Intensive suppliers (risk to the business)
- • the number of overall suppliers in the given commodity
- • the number of supplier transfers
- • the complexity of the current supplier relationship
- • the number and size of “shortage or “crisis” issues
- • the number of savings-VA/VE projects
- • the commercial stake the supplier has in our business and commodity strategy
The area of responsibility requires a dedicated management position. They will lead a team consisting of tactical buyer(s), SPM, SQA and commodity management. The SAM will be a dedicated point of communication for all facets of interaction with the suppliers within the designated commodity.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
NPI Sourcing CoordinatorPublished on 01/23/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Supplier Account Manager (SAM) – Machining & CastingPublished on 11/27/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Buyer/AnalystPublished on 02/19/2020Gloucester, United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing