Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation and Verification (Elec-Mech)
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
This role is responsible for undertaking and carrying out the following Validation and Verification (V&V) activities within the Validation and Verification team.
- • Responsible for providing a service to support engineering programmes through the V&V cycle, working with project teams, V&V Team Leaders and other V&V engineers to identify and provide plans & test solutions to meet customer requirements & Milestones.
- • Define both standard and non-standard test requirements, specifying and resourcing bespoke specialist equipment and suitable test facilities to meet project deliverables.
- • Author or approve technical documentation, including verification plans, test procedures and reports. Oversee and perform development and qualification testing of Safran products and systems ensuring accurate results and customer confidence in product design performance.
- • Co-ordinate and manage customer requirements ensuring initial project activities are performed and any potential risks are identified. Provide technical support and guidance to facilitate implementation of accurate and concise test procedures.
- • Co-ordinate and manage with Lead Engineers, Project Managers, and other colleagues in generating integrated validation and verification plans, manage and arrange test and validation programs to achieve and meet customers' demands.
- • Responsibility for guiding and supporting engineers and projects during all aspects of product development activities from providing technical documents, undertaking testing set-ups and processes to producing results and reports in line with planned timescales.
- • Responsible for ensuring V&V project activities are accurately budgeted and costs considered within the project.
- • Be prepared to work off site at customers and suppliers to assist with setups and perform testing for Safran products.
- • When required work with other Safran divisional sites in assisting and developing new product understanding and testing.
- • Work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Responsible for working with the project teams in determining V&V requirements, test plans and resource requirements, including equipment and personnel in order to best meet the customers specification.
- • Participate in the investigation of problems and failures that occur in Safran products during design, development or qualification testing and provide suitable advice or solutions with a view to enhancing reliability and quality.
- • Support customers and colleagues using knowledge and experience, in all technical areas and aspects of project work through the definition, design, development and qualification phases including carrying out technical peer reviews to ensure the equipment and test methods used in the validation and verification processes are suitable and safe.
- • Experience in an mechanical or aeronautical engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification).
- • Extensive Development / certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of Development Engineering including Compliance Verification, Technical Risk, compilation of technical documentation, use of instrumentation.
- • Advanced knowledge of Generators, Motors, Drives and Hybrid knowledge and experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage.
- • Experience in V&V activities and process of aeronautical equipment and systems (ARP4754A).
- • Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools e.g. DOORS / Integrity would be an advantage.
- • Knowledge of RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and similar environmental test standards.
- • Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal means to all levels of staff e.g. peers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Team, Senior Management, interact with other Engineering teams and the external customer.
- • Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions.
- • An aptitude for working methodically and systematically in a safe manner sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues and engineers in a positive and proactive manner.
- • Ability to work within agreed timescales, follow tasks through to completion and meet program deadlines
- • Experienced in Data Acquisition Systems and Analysis tools and presentation of results.
- • Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- • Understand the requirement for preventative maintenance and continuous improvement activities to ensure provision of an effective and reliable service.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
- • Responsible for writing, reviewing or approving engineering documentation, maintaining technically accountability for both the content and work of others when required.
- • Carry out data analysis of tests results as requested by the projects or customer to determine trends, performance and reliability of Safran products identifying areas for improvement or risk.
- • Work with other engineers and personnel, sharing knowledge and experience to enable them to develop and gain further skills allowing a more effective level of service to be provided.
- • Implementing the V&V strategy.
- • Technical lead for Electrical and Mechanical development and qualification tests on Safran products in a safe working manner including the use of high speed drives in conjunction with electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment and analogue and digital instrumentation in an effective and efficient manner to meet project timescales.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Principal Validation and Verification EngineerPublished on 02/19/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing
Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation and Verification (EMC)Published on 02/19/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing
EMC Senior Specialist EngineerPublished on 02/19/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing