Senior Rotary Test Equipment Engineer
Manufacture / assembly and repair
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
The Production Test Equipment department is responsible for developing and maintaining test equipment for aerospace products and systems for a variety of aircraft in a production environment.
The Rotary Test Equipment Engineer will support all aspects of Test to be able to focus on the design, upgrade and maintenance of test equipment for aerospace applications on a variety of projects. They will be leading and supporting working with project engineers, test operators and team members to ensure that the test equipment design meets all of the product testing and test coverage requirements.
The role holder will assist in New Product Introduction, Total Preventative Maintenance, and support other team members development while working and improving test equipment to meet both product & customer requirements.
- • Working across production (OE and MRO)
- • Will be responsible for own projects, and delivery of project on time.
- • Will have no direct reports but supporting of training of other team members
- • Design, commission and maintain test equipment hardware for use in a production environment
- • To understand, relay and commission test equipment software, when using outsourced suppliers
- • The creation/maintenances of test specifications and documentation for a variety of projects
- • Drive continuous improvement within test process, applying root cause analysis
- • Work closely with production and engineering to ensure test data used to improve product yield
- • Creation of comprehensive test instructions for production operators to work to
- • Procurement and commissioning of test equipment to meet production requirements
- • Documentation of test requirements, test coverage and test methods
- • Design and build of supplementary test circuits for control, protection and Built-In Test functions
- • Work to cost, timescale, reliability, and maintainability criteria, collaborating with other members of project teams in order to meet the overall project's production test requirements
- • To apply structured problem-solving methods to technical issues in a time-critical manner
- • To follow Safran's operating procedures and participate in engineering improvement activities aimed at increasing efficiency and quality of work
- • Relevant engineering qualification or equivalent
- • Previous exposure to an engineering environment and able to demonstrate practical design or test experience
- • Proven experience and working knowledge of :
- • - electronics, wiring and power systems
- • - hydraulic circuits
- • - software/ software architecture and verification
- • - capabilities & limitations of various test and measurement methods
- • - electrical generator operation
- • Lean manufacturing experience of deploying improvements
- • CAD skills including schematic capture and mechanical drawing would be advantageous along with an understanding of Generator Control Unit (GCU) and Power Distribution box operation or an ability to develop them
- • Capable to pick things up quickly and adapt approach
- • Ability to plan and prioritise work for yourself while working autonomously or as part of a team
- • Good problem-solving skills
- • Good communication skills across a range of stakeholders
- • A proactive style with a can-do attitude
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Manufacturer –MRO (air/oil cooled cell)Published on 09/17/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Sales Co-ordinatorPublished on 09/16/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Manufacturer – Electronics TestPublished on 09/16/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair