Project Quality Assurance Engineer
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
The Project Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring project integrity and feedback to the customer of any required quality topics identified through internal or external audit / monitoring, with a specific focus on software/firmware. They will manage their own assigned projects in addition to assisting other members of the New Product Introduction (NPI) quality team in the achievement of project quality, customer satisfaction and quality improvement targets.
- • Ensures the quality plan is created and implemented in line with SAFRAN referential
- • Creates and maintains Software/Firmware audit plan, ensuring plan is in line with project milestones
- • Represents quality at project gate reviews
- • Participates in project risk reviews and ensures that acceptable levels of risk have been agreed and communicated internally with action plan
- • Participates in change control board reviews where required
- • Responsible for compiling or approving internal FAIRs/DVI-PPAPs
- • Takes timely and relevant containment actions and ensure traceability investigations are carried out as required
- • Leads on customer interaction for quality escapes and request for customer approvals in conjunction with programmes
- • Ensures compliance with all customer, EASA, ISO9001 and AS9100 requirements and audits and actively lead the closure of any corrective actions or required improvements
- • Leads the process, system or product audits as required and ensures deployment through themselves and the team
- • Ensures all necessary information and facts are gathered relating to quality issues within the business ensuring they are appropriately documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- • Ensures robust corrective actions (excluding supplier actions) are assigned and delivered across all parts of the business
- • Key contributor to the Monthly Programme Reviews, Monthly Quality Reviews, etc
- • Proven customer management experience, effective customer communications, and ability to appropriately address customer issues and influence and align with wider business requirements
- • Experience with working in a new production environment
- • Solid understanding of contractual and regulatory requirements including ISO9001 and AS9100
- • Proven technical experience of Engineering, manufacturing and quality processes.
- • Lead auditor trained preferred
- • Knowledge of auditing software/firmware to DO 4/178 or 254 requirements
- • Ability to lead quality investigation and compile appropriate reports and coach others
- • Strong analytical and diagnostic skills with the ability to solve problems using tools such as Process FMEA / 8D / SPC.
- • Good attention to detail and able to be objective and to draw out information from relevant parties
- • Drives to completion, self-motivated and able to prioritise own workload.
- • In-depth understanding and demonstrated application of EASA part 21J
- • Effective written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- • IT literate – MS Office software
- • Project Quality Engineer will interface directly with the customer and ultimately act as a pool of resource for the NPI programme team
- • Project Quality Engineer is the point of escalation for quality matters with the customer and within the project team
- • No direct budget responsibility – but will identify training needs, system weaknesses and opportunities to improve methods of functional and business working through audits and make recommendations for the appropriate expenditure to deliver these actions.
Key performance measures:
- • Project milestone adherence
- • Project audit plan adherence
- • Software/Firmware review adherence
- • Site audit & flash audit plan adherence
- • Ensure corrective actions are closed within time limits
- • Maintain and improved Departmental Policy Deployment targets/objectives
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Quality EngineerPublished on 01/07/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Quality & Compliance RepresentativePublished on 11/08/2019Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Responsable Assurance Qualité développement H/FPublished on 02/16/2020Moissy-cramayel, France Regular Full time Quality