Process Industrialisation Leader
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Pitstone, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
- - Supports Industrial Manager in operational management of strategic industrial projects.
- - Ensure the launch and modification of new methods of production.
- - Formalise the process and business standards for new production methods and ensure effective communication between the contributors and stakeholders.
- - Supporting the factory in key processes, providing technical support, skills transfer and/or the deployment of standards.
- • Responsible for a team of key process Engineers.
- • Responsible for identifying and formalising the capex requirements for the introduction of new processes across the site.
- • Responsible for creating and maintaining key relationships across the business as required.
- • The job is based at the Pitstone site, but will have links into the Power Division Industrial team.
- • Responsible for the sharing and gathering of best practices for key processes to ensure alignment across the division.
- • Develop and validate key processes for new products (or transfers).
- • Optimising processes according to the cost, safety, quality and reliability criteria.
- • Provide technical support to operations when production issues arise.
- • Participate in the analysis of test and assembly operations and lead the technical improvement actions.
- • Manage the launch or modification of new ways of production for the site in line with QCDM objectives, by applying existing standards and ensuring the communication between the team members.
- • Formalise process and business standards: specifications, recommendation specifications, lessons learned, process parameter specifications with limit validation and product/process constraints
- • Respecting and enforcing defined standards.
- • Ensuring technological watch (internal and external) on your fields of expertise.
- • Ensure the training of technical staff and validate multi-skilling requirements for the various means within your perimeter.
- • Deliver HSE objectives and comply with health, safety and environmental rules.
Key performance measures:
- • Process capability and efficiency managed / improved through life cycle – SPC / Time tracker
- • Product quality sustained – First time pass yield (FTPY) and business quality targets
- • Product cost managed / reduced over life cycle
- • Cycle-time reduction for key manufacturing processes
- • Regular interaction with support functions including Engineering, Programs, Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, Safran + & suppliers.
- • Attends and actively participates in weekly leadership meetings to review progress and challenges across industrialisation.
- • Effective leadership of the team of process engineers.
- • Key attendee to Industrialisation management reviews to ensure alignment of process and product industrialisation.
- • Co-ordinate and chair project reviews with operations, engineering, test equipment and supply chain as required targeted at process improvement activity.
Decision making authority:
- • Approval signature for SPC / PFMEA reports and recommendations.
- • Approval signature for Engineering Drawings.
- • Approval signature for QRQC / process investigations.
- • Authorised to approve proposals for capital investment.
- • Approval signature for technical documentation shared internally and externally.
- • Experience managing a team of Engineers delivering process improvements across a variety of applications.
- • Ability to work within a matrix organisation, ensuring alignment and building effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- • Experience of working within a complex and dynamic component manufacturing or engineering environment with NPI and concurrent engineering experience preferred.
- • Excellent working knowledge of new manufacturing and test methodology.
- • Experience working with suppliers to deliver new technology and equipment.
- • HNC / HND in mechanical, Production Engineering or equivalent experience.
- • Experience of acting as a focal point for technologies and processes.
- • Proven production engineering experience including cost down, design for manufacture / assembly / test techniques.
- • Proven ability to champion and lead investigations, process capability assessments and deliver resulting work packages.
- • Solid communicator and able to influence effectively at all levels through mediums including written reports and delivery of presentations to ensure delivery of results.
- • Ability to problem solve and accurately analyse, offer concise conclusions and report findings from technical data.
- • Demonstrated experience of identifying opportunity and leading process improvement activity.
- • Demonstrates a customer focused mindset (internal and external).
- • Understanding of Statistical Process Control, Process FMEA's, and Lean Manufacturing preferred.
- • Must be able to lead and work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team and deliver to tight deadlines.
- • Has a working knowledge of legislative requirements including REACH and HSE.
- • Computer Literate (MS Office).
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Supplier Development EngineerPublished on 02/15/2021Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Technicien méthodes drapage H/FPublished on 05/12/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Responsable méthodes usinage et contrôle 3D H/FPublished on 05/11/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering