Principal Validation and Verification Engineer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
This role is responsible for managing, undertaking and carrying out the following activities of the Validation and Verification (V&V) team.
- • Responsible for leading and managing the V&V activities for generator, control and motor drive engineering programmes. Leading activities from the start of the project, working with Customers, Lead Engineers, TPM's, Project Management, V&V Team Leaders and V&V engineers to define the V&V strategy that meets customer and regulatory requirements and ultimately delivers the right System/Product
- • Define the requirement data model, establish Customer Requirements of the correct quality, determine appropriate validation methods, and develop both standard and non-standard verification methods, specifying and sourcing bespoke test equipment and suitable test/analysis facilities to meet project deliverables
- • Author or approve technical documentation, including but not limited to verification plans, test procedures and reports. Oversee and have the ability to perform development and qualification testing of all Safran products and systems ensuring accurate results and customer confidence in System/Product design performance.
- • Responsible for working with the V&V Manager in defining the vision and strategy for the Validation and Verification team
- • Works with a team of 2 or more Validation and Verification Engineers to implement the agreed strategy
- • Manage and Co-ordinate customer requirements, define the requirement data model and ensure all activities are performed and any potential risks are identified
- • Lead the generation of technical documentation, including integrated validation and verification strategy and plans, manage development and validation programs and associated resources to achieve and meet customers' demands
- • Provide technical support and guidance to facilitate the implementation of accurate and concise test procedures
- • Responsibility for guiding and supporting engineers and projects during all aspects of product development activities from providing technical documents, define, co-ordinate and assist with testing set-ups and processes to produce results and reports in line with planned timescales
- • Understand the budget constraints and be responsible ensuring that work is carried out within them as effectively as possible
- • Be prepared to work off site at customers and suppliers and assists setup and perform testing for Safran products
- • Work with other Safran sites when required to assist with developing new product understanding and testing.
- • Work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Extensive experience in V&V process for aeronautical equipment and systems
- • Extensive development and certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of development engineering including compliance verification, technical risk, compilation of technical documentation and use of instrumentation
- • Advanced knowledge of Generators, Motors, Drives, Hybrid Power Systems and experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage
- • Experience in an Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification)
- • Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools e.g. DOORS / Integrity
- • Extensive knowledge and experience of ARP4754A.
- • Knowledge and experience of RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and similar environmental test standards
- • Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal means to all levels of staff e.g. peers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Team, Senior Management and interact with other Engineering teams and the external customer
- • Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions
- • An aptitude for working methodically and systematically in a safe manner sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues and engineers in a positive and proactive manner
- • Ability to work within agreed timescales, follow tasks through to completion and meet program deadlines
- • Experienced in data acquisition systems and analysis tools and presentation of results
- • Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools
- • Understand the requirement for continuous improvement activities to ensure provision of an effective and reliable service
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
- • Develop and implement the V&V strategy for engineering.
- • Responsible for validating Customer Requirements, determining V&V methodology, test plans and resource requirements, including equipment and personnel, in order to best meet the customers' specification and timescales
- • Work with project teams to investigate problems and failures that occur in Safran products during the V&V Cycle, and provide suitable advice and/or solutions with a view to enhancing reliability and quality
- • Working with customers and colleagues sharing knowledge and experience, in all technical areas and aspects of project work throughout the V&V Cycle, including carrying out technical peer reviews to ensure the equipment and test methods used in the validation and verification processes are suitable and safe
- • Responsible for writing, reviewing and approving engineering documentation, maintaining technical accountability for both the content and work of others when required
- • Provide technical expertise to assist the setting-up and execution of performance testing on Safran products. Ensure the associated Risk Assessments are in place prior to any testing being conducted
- • Carry out data acquisition and analysis of tests results as required to demonstrate compliance, determine trends, performance and reliability of Safran products identifying areas for improvement or risk.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation and Verification (EMC)Published on 02/19/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing
Senior Specialist Engineer - Validation and Verification (Elec-Mech)Published on 02/19/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing
EMC Senior Specialist EngineerPublished on 02/19/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Testing