NPI Sourcing Coordinator
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Pitstone, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Provide the interface between the Supply Chain, Programmes, Operations, and Quality to ensure key hardware deliveries are made.
Managing the parts acquisition process for multiple projects that are underway from concept design to the handover of a stable supply chain for production.
This is a transversal role and the candidate will be expected to manage themselves both cross functionally and cross culturally.
The candidate will be expected to coordinate the supply chain activity across a number of projects as is relevant at a given time.
The candidate will be expected to negotiate the most economic and cost effective solution for the purposes of the programmes they are supporting. They will have responsibility for managing the recurring cost budget throughout the qualification and development stages of the programmes they are working on.
- • Understanding and appreciation of Engineering principles with at least a basic ability to read technical drawings
- • Demonstrable evidence of having influenced design to achieve cost reduction, or improve manufacturability of components.
- • Commercial awareness: Ability to understand and implement contract conditions.
- • Strong Interpersonal Skills – ability to work with individuals across a range of functions and varying seniority.
- • Ability to work with minimum supervision within multifunctional teams
- • Demonstrable purchasing/sourcing experience within a manufacturing environment. Aerospace sector not necessary but desirable. An awareness of low volume sourcing would be very preferable.
- • Experience in identifying and delivering cost reduction plans to the benefit of the business.
- • Good IT skills – primarily ERP systems (ideally SAP) and Microsoft Excel.
- • Problem solving skills, and the ability to implement actions as a consequence of findings.
- • Proven experience in liaising with customers or suppliers.
- • Quick Learner – quick to learn new tasks and take on new responsibilities.
- • Determination - Goal driven & focussed
- • Flexibility – Ability to manage multiple tasks to achieve a common goal
- • Team Working – The ability to be an effective member of the team.
- • Influencing Skills – The ability to be able to influence individuals outside of the function in order to achieve an overall business goal.
- • Attitude – Hard Working, Honest, conscientious, polite, co-operative
- • Work with the project teams to drive effective implementation of adherence to cost and Design to Cost through DFM/DFA/DFX methodology.
- • Provide regular up to date project QCD status to New Programme Sourcing Manager and CODIV at Programme reviews.
- • Manage design changes with suppliers to ensure any costs and obsolescence issues are minimised
- • Place and expedite orders to support the varying project requirements.
- • Develop a strategic approach to supply chain activities in support of the numerous projects within the NPI and R&T area of the business. Identify opportunities for consolidated spend activities for the overall benefit of the business.
- • Proactively identify and resolve supply chain issues in order to meet the business needs.
- • Launch of RFQ packages and negotiate prices, terms and conditions, delivery dates in order to meet project requirements
- • Deploy commodity strategy and ensure gaps in new technologies are feedback to the commodity manager for direction and support identification of new suppliers where needed.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Supplier Account Manager (SAM) – Machining & CastingPublished on 11/27/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Supplier Account Manager (SAM)Published on 11/18/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Garant fonctionnel applicatif ARIBA - CDI H/FPublished on 02/24/2020Issy-les-moulineaux, France Regular Full time Purchasing