Commodity Manager – Electronics
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Pitstone, uk, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
To manage the Electronics commodity for Safran Electrical & Power. The primary function of the role is to define and execute appropriate commodity strategy to support the overall divisional needs.
The role does not carry any responsibility with regards to people management. The role is to support the needs of the entire Power division. The overall spend within this commodity is approximately £15 million per annum. There will be expectation for the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate and deliver savings of around 3% of the annual spend. The candidate will need to be able to manage both internal and external relationships with various stakeholders.
- • To ensure that the commodity being managed has over 90% of the spend covered by Agreements or Contracts
- • To deliver savings of 3% per annum against direct material spend within the Electronics Commodity.
- • Define, Elaborate and Manage the Electronics commodity strategy, ensuring that appropriate supplier panels are in place to support the technology requirements of the future business.
- • Constantly analyse the supply base associated to the Electronics commodity and reduce, refine, and rationalize on an ongoing basis.
- • Ensure delivery of QBR for key and strategic suppliers. Ensure follow through of appropriate actions and delivery of projects as required.
- • Aggressive and professional execution of contract management to ensure that Safran obtain all available value from contracts agreed.
1. $/% saving against direct material spend
2. LTA/Contract coverage across the commodity.
3. Number of active suppliers, and the associated trend. In particular, reducing the number of suppliers delivering the top 80% of spend.
4. Supplier performance to meet business requirements.
5. Obtaining over 65% of claims issued.
Previous experience of having worked within electronics commodity. Demonstrable evidence of managed or delivered savings plans. Understanding of contracts and key contract conditions is a necessity. Ability to manage complex situations and projects.
Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritise high and varied workload. Must be able to negotiate both at a tactical and strategic level. Ability to present complex and detailed information in a simple manner.
Daily interaction with management, must be able to provide simple summaries of complex information on a regular basis. Should be comfortable in presenting to members of the Senior Leadership Team at request. Must be prepared to become involved in complex project groups and be the purchasing focus point for cost reduction activities that may require engineering support.
Developing relationships with key and strategic suppliers is paramount and is an expected part of the role.
Supplier panel, commodity strategy, identifying and executing plans to support changes in technology, cost reduction projects, key contract condition negotiation.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.