Quality Specialist Inspector
2000 fisher dr, peterborough, on k9j 6x6, canada, Ontario, CANADA
Fixed Term contract, Full-time, 1 year
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 3 years
The Quality Assurance Specialist (Inspection & Shipping) is responsible for conducting the final Quality Assurance inspections and certifies the products to be released. Release of products is completed with Certificates of Conformance and TCCA Form One.
The QA specialist must be eligible to obtain the following certifications: (i) a TCCA authority to release products under a Transport Canada Form One; (ii) DQR certification by customers; and (iii) FAA authority to release products under an FAA 8130.
The QA Specialist works directly with customers to resolve Quality issues, administration of customer Corrective Action request, supports manufacturing escape/non-conformance investigations and reporting on Quality Matrixes provided by customers.
The QA Specialist works directly with the Quality Manager and the Program Managers to provide timely reports and/or responses to customer queries.
1. Inspection of final products iaw approved manufacturing specifications, customer contract requirements, company procedures and TCCA Airworthiness regulations.
2. Acceptance and release of product in accordance with customer, regulatory and internal requirements (Regulatory requirements for new & repaired products). Review of all supporting documentation (Manufacturing Travellers, ATPs, FARs) to certify that the product can be released with a Certificate of Conformance; TCCA Form One, FAA 8130, EASA Form One).
3. Conduct Inspections as a DQR for Customers. (Customer delegations for acceptance and release of product)
4. Assists and/or lead failure investigations for product returns or in-house failures (8D, Engineering Investigation) and assist/produce associated reports
5. Non-conformance disposition and participation/approval of MRB decision
6. Lead or Co-lead customer Corrective Action Boards
7. Coordinate FAI's on new or revised products
8. Submit and ensure closure of customer concessions
9. Participate in Production Readiness Review Meetings
10. Create/review internal Quality procedures and work instructions as required
11. Provide coaching and mentoring to other team members
12. Other duties as assigned
- • Diploma in an electrical or mechanical technology or equivalent combination of training and experience
- • Minimum of three years' experience with comprehensive Quality Management Systems preferably AS9100
- • Familiarity with Regulatory requirements is an asset, preferably Canadian Aviation Regulations
- • Experience in an electronics manufacturing/assembly environment, preferably IPC-A-610 Class 3
- • Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
- • Excellent analytical, strong verbal and written communication skills
- • Must be able to effectively handle conflicting priorities with limited supervision.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.