Systems Engineer (Wheels, Tires & Brakes)
Architecture and systems engineering
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Ajax, Ontario, CANADA
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Systems Engineering group covers a range of disciplines which can be broadly categorized as follows:
- - Braking System/Tire Pressure Monitoring System Requirements/Design, including project assigned Lead Systems Engineers who establish braking system architecture and requirements, development of system-level requirements to meet customer specifications for multi-domain systems (e.g. hardware, software, mechanical, hydraulic), requirement validation (e.g. traceability, simulation, analysis and review)
- - System Integration including Hardware in the Loop (HIL) System Integration Testing and System Requirements Verification, Flight Test Support, analysis of aircraft test data and development of associated test tools (e.g. Simulink).
- - Modeling including the use of tools such as MATLAB/Simulink in order to develop simulation models of aircraft, aircraft systems and individual hydraulic and electrical components.
- - Control Algorithm Development including the development and tuning of control algorithms associated with Brake Control, E-brake Control and Nose Wheel Steering.
The Systems Engineer will participate in activities in one or more of the areas listed above.
- - This role typically involves interaction with customer and/or supplier including IPT, onsite support, audits and review with certification authorities
- - Prepares and reviews documentation including the following:
- - Plan, organize and control his/her activities to ensure on-time delivery and the quality of output.
- - Actively participates as a member of their skill center and/or program development teams
- - Authority for technical approval
- - May lead and/or mentor junior and supporting staff.
Essential to the role:
- - 5 + years Experience in System Development Process to include requirements development, system design and integration and system testing, in aircraft braking systems development preferred.
- - Experience in system simulation and modeling
- - Experience working with electrical and avionic system integration
- - Experience in aircraft flight test certification program
- - Experience working Certification Authorities to achieve system certification to Part 25-Airworthiness Standards
- - Proficient in use of requirements management database (e.g. DOORS)
- - Proficient in use of MATLAB/Simulink
- - Working knowledge of Aerospace Qualifications and Certification (ARP4754A, DO178B/C, DO254, DO160G, ARP4761, AS8584, ARP1070)
- - Experience in ARINC429 and CAN protocols
- - Change management facilitator
Actively be involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiatives as HS&E is every employee's responsibilities.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Design EngineerPublished on 02/10/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Product Improvement SpecialistPublished on 02/10/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
System Modeling and Performance Intern – Hyperloop ProgramPublished on 03/11/2020Ontario, Canada Internship / Student Architecture and systems engineering