Special Process Quality Specialist
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Ajax, Ontario, CANADA
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
- • Develop and manage internal and external supplier special processes.
- • Conduct product and process audits internally and at supplier's facilities to Safran Landing Systems & NADCAP requirements.
- • Qualify and maintain quality information on supplier approvals, processes and products.
- • Work closely with Procurement, Engineering, M&P and suppliers to correct/improve drawing or specification requirements.
- • Develop and maintain proactive supplier quality focus which translates customer quality needs in continuous quality process improvement.
- • Take ownership, review, improve and manage technique review and approval process.
- • Involved in contract and design review when requested by suppliers.
- • Involved in the support of the supplier network worldwide.
- • Correspond with suppliers on special process/NDT queries.
- • Lead Quality investigations and manage Root Cause Corrective Analysis
- • University Degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering.
- • A NDT Level II or III qualification (would be a benefit)
- • A strong background in quality and/or engineering in the aerospace industry are preferred.
- • Results oriented and steadfast in ensuring the integrity of the Company's Quality system.
- • Experience in machining, special processing (Heat treatment, Chemical Processes, Surface Enhancement and Coatings) and assembly of landing gear parts and assemblies.
- • Trained ISO-9001 Lead Assessor and/or previous supplier auditing experience desired.
- • Experience in project management and continuous improvement.
- • Strong negotiation skills and experience in dealing with suppliers.
- • Experience in charting, improving and streamlining processes.
- • Good computer, analytical, statistical, interpretative and problem solving skills.
- • Strong interpersonal skills at all levels, flexibility.
- • Strong communication skills. Bilingualism (English and French) would be a definite asset.
- • Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with constantly changing priorities.
- • Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule, and follow-up on outstanding issues in a timely fashion.
- • Able to work long hours (when necessary) and to travel.
- • Must meet ITAR/Controlled Goods Program clearance requirements
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Production Quality Engineering Specialist (Contract)Published on 01/20/2020Ontario, Canada Fixed Term contract Quality
Quality ManagerPublished on 01/17/2020Ontario, United States Regular Full time Quality
Ingénieur Assurance Qualité Fournisseurs H/FPublished on 01/29/2020Issoudun, France Regular Full time Quality