Manufacture / assembly and repair
Regular Full time, Full-time
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 5 years
- • Able to perform mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical tasks on CNC machines and other production means to ensure on time delivery to internal and external customers
- • Troubleshoot by consulting blueprints, schematics, and other sources as necessary
- • Follow maintenance schedules as outlined
- • Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- • Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- • Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and other production means
- • Operate within SLS and or Government HS&E regulations
- • Maintain clean and orderly work areas comply with company 5S rules
- • Complete shift reports to communicate with other technicians
- • Sheet metal fabrication
- • Minimum 5 years' experience with CNC machines as a Maintenance Technician
- • Graduation from technical college with Millwright Maintenance technician certification or equivalent
- • 433A industrial millwright trade certificate is an asset
- • Excellent mechanical aptitude
- • Ability to work midnight shifts
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- • Great problem solving skills
- • Strong knowledge of maintenance procedures and practices
- • Knowledge of safety requirements for the appropriate equipment
- • Basic computer skills (Microsoft office package)
- • Knowledge of CNC and PLC controlled machines
- • Experience welding and fabrication
- • Able to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
NDT InspectorPublished on 02/10/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Manufacturing Methods EngineerPublished on 02/06/2020Ontario Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Vacuum Form Machine OperatorPublished on 01/10/2020Ontario, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair