Compliance Coordinator (12 contract)
Trade compliance and risks
Ajax, Ontario, CANADA
Fixed Term contract, Full-time, 12 month
More than 3 years
As part of the Safran Landing Systems Canada Compliance Department, the Compliance Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Export Controls and Compliance and shall assist in and coordinate various compliance related tasks within the department. The Compliance Coordinator shall provide support to other team-members as required.
- • Run and execute the ongoing Export Classification project.
- • Set up, maintain and monitor a dedicated export control database.
- • Assist the Designated Official (DO) with Controlled Goods Employee Security Assessments. This will include overseeing criminal record name checks, conduct personal reference checks and assist with all administrative related requirements.
- • Assist the Customs Compliance Specialist with administrative tasks related to customs/import compliance.
- • Support the Department with cross-site compliance matters and initiatives.
- • Assist with record keeping requirements.
- • Support functional areas when required to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • College diploma in Business Administration, Law, Customs Border Services or equivalent,
- • A minimum of 2 years of administration or customer service experience.
- • Pass applicable security clearances in order to be compliant with CGP/ITAR requirements.
- • Working knowledge of the Canadian Defense Production Act (DPA), the Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR) the United States Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) as well as Canadian Human Rights, Employment Privacy Act, etc.
- • Proven ability to operate as a team player working with employees at all levels.
- • Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- • Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- • Advanced competency in MS Office suite of tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- • Strong attention to detail.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Apprenti Import Export H/FPublished on 04/08/2020Plaisir, France Apprenticeship Trade compliance and risks
STAGE - Pilote d'actions SSE et 5S sur un Atelier outillages H/FPublished on 04/06/2020Colombes Cedex, France Internship / Student Trade compliance and risks
Stage - Security Officer H/FPublished on 03/13/2020Paris, France Internship / Student Trade compliance and risks