Assembly Shop Production Planner
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Ajax, Ontario, CANADA
Regular Full time, Full-time
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 3 years
Monitor & coordinate the availability of materials and manpower, as well as assembly line capacity, in order to schedule & execute the production activities.
Establish the detailed schedules to meet the Master Production Schedule (Production, Customer Service and LRU Demand).
- - Participate to the weekly MPS meetings and support the shop commitments by attending daily start of shift meetings.
- - Maintenance of Visual Tools to communicate requirements and priorities (shipping screens, MPS boards and screens)
- - Plan to achieve on time delivery to MPS.
- - Update in the ERP system the shop schedules in conjunction with the MPS team.
- - Revise schedules when necessary to take into consideration unforeseen changes.
- - Provides delivery dates and attends delivery meetings.
- - Closely monitor the production, identify the issues or risks affecting the deliveries to customer and expedite when necessary.
- - Contribute to building a recovery plan when required and communicate on new proposed schedules.
- - Prioritize Receiving Inspection and expedite parts when necessary to avoid line stoppages.
- - Work in collaboration with the Production team leaders in order to identify Capacity constraints, finite schedule bottlenecks when appropriate & assign priorities.
- - Review and action work order reschedule messages based on MRP recommendations and shop capacity.
- - Be responsible for the complete Production Order Life Cycle, from conversion to technical completion.
- - Update production orders by coordinating methods and material changes implemented through the Change Board Process.
- - Schedule/monitor production progress.
- - Maintain the production schedules in the ERP system in line with realistic plans.
- - Prepare and support the Line of Balance reviews.
- - Ensure the availability of Components to support the Plan.
- - Coordinate the resolution of Work Order shortages (incl. Customer Service transfers).
- - Issue the Work Order related paperwork to the Shop.
- - Plan/Schedule Production Line Returns.
- - Liaise with Quality regarding non-conformance's and FAI's and maintain work order schedules accordingly.
- - Follow-up on NCR's impacting delivery & raise rework orders as required.
- - Ensure Materials planning data parameters are correct (order policies, safety stock level, make/buy, lead-times for manufactured parts).
- - Monitor the Work Centre parameters (Queue time / efficiency / opening hours).
- - College Diploma in Operations Management or University Degree in Business
- - Knowledge of Production planning fundamentals (MRP2 principles, e.g. APICS)
- - Knowledge of problem solving and continuous improvement tools (LEAN)
- - Familiar with ERP usage (SAP preferred)
- - Knowledge of Production process flow
- - Proficient with MS Office software
- - Strong decision-making
- - Teamwork-oriented
- - Self-motivated
- - Results-oriented
- - Interpersonal skills (including working effectively with others and influencing
- - Excellent communication skills
- - Adaptability (able to respond flexibly to changing circumstances, aligns own
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Coordinateur travaux bâtiments industriels H/FPublished on 04/02/2020Issoudun, France Regular Full time General Services
Workshop PlannerPublished on 03/25/2020Suzhou/ 苏州 , China Regular Full time General Services
Master SchedulerPublished on 03/25/2020Suzhou/ 苏州 , China Regular Full time General Services