Chief Financial Officer
Finance and management
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
651 campus drive mn 55112 new brighton, Minnesota, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
As a member of executive management at Safran Test Cells, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for contributing to the company's strategic direction and overseeing both the Finance department and the IT department. The CFO will manage the financial risk of the organization by monitoring company insurance coverage and reviewing and approving bids. They are also responsible for financial management of the annual and 5-year budgeting and forecasting processes, budget controlling, financial analysis, reporting and financial planning of Safran Test Cells.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Serve as a key member of the Executive Management Team that contributes to the company's strategic direction.
- • Ensure SAFRAN and Safran Aero Booster relevant procedures and authorizations are adhered to.
- • Responsible for financial management of the annual and 5-year budgeting and forecasting processes, budget controlling, financial analysis, reporting and financial planning.
- • Review periodically Estimated Costs at Completion with project managers.
- • Direct and oversee all the financial management functions supporting and attaining profitable growth and strategic goals.
- • Manage financial risk by monitoring company insurance coverage and interacting with corporate insurance representatives.
- • Interface with Safran Aero Boosters Test Cells, Safran Aero Boosters and Safran for all finance requirements.
- • Review and approve bids for risk and financial management.
- • Responsible for finance and insurance requirements for Safran Test Cells' legal entities created for project execution in other countries, (includes branch office, project offices and other such entities).
- • Ensure that Safran Test Cells conforms to relevant taxing authorities for all taxing jurisdictions including other relevant countries.
- • Oversee labor rate analysis and data accuracy for labor rate with assistance from the HR Generalist.
- • Oversee and manager all IT department personnel and functions including the department strategy, goals and objectives.
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
- • Other duties as assigned.
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
Education/Experience: (Please use Internet Explorer to apply)
- • Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- • 10+ years of financial experience, including 5 years of management experience with direct reports and progressive responsibilities required.
- • Results-oriented leader with the ability to lead, influence and inspire diverse teams to meet project goals.
- • Proven ability to cultivate an environment of accountability and creativity and clearly communicate strategy to staff.
- • Track record of developing staff, fostering an inclusive work environment, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with staff and peers locally and internationally.
- • Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- • Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
- • Superior written communication skills as this position requires creation of various summaries describing financial performance, and correspondence with corporate financial.
- • Demonstrated high level mastery of corporate finance concepts, GAAP, medium level understanding of international insurance requirements and accepted international business practices.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the time is spent in a typical office environment requiring the ability to use a computer and telephone which requires sitting and typing for extended lengths of time. Occasionally, the individual in this position will need to stand, reach, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision. The office environment will have normal lighting and climate control tolerances. Additionally, the office setting will have moderate noise exposure, i.e. business office with computers, printers, light traffic. Travel conditions may involve being in an aircraft or automobile for extended periods of time. Safran Test Cells is a global company and travel to any country may be required. Work is performed in the business office at a minimum of 40 hours a week.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The working conditions and requirements indicated here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle.
Contrôleur de Gestion Industriel H/FPublished on 04/02/2020Chauray, France Regular Full time Finance and management
Credit Manager Team LeaderPublished on 04/02/2020France Regular Full time Finance and management
DIRECTEUR ADMINISTRATIF ET FINANCIER BU MAROC H/FPublished on 03/30/2020Casablanca, Morocco Regular Full time Finance and management