Upholsterer - Day
Manufacture / assembly and repair
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Kirkland, Quebec, CANADA
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
English Bilingual, French Bilingual
Number of position: 1
Schedule: Monday to Thursday from 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM
36 hours per week
Upholster interior structures such as seating and header as per engineering drawings and customer specifications. Apply decorative material such as carpet and tapestries to metal, composite and plastic aircraft interior parts with a pressure sensitive, heat activated or sprayable adhesive.
- - Upholsterers are responsible for the installation of accessories such as belts, storage harnesses and must be able to lay-out and cut patterns.
- - Upholsterers cut, fit, measure, glue and secure various fabrics and foams.
- - Adheres to company specifications, work instructions, engineering prints and work orders.
- - Documents the materials and/or process used in the process to maintain traceability.
- - Clean panels in preparation for foam and decorative material application.
- - Applies decorative material such as carpet and tapestry to aircraft interior parts per applicable specifications.
- - Mixes and applies adhesive per work order instructions as necessary for application of decorative material.
- - Cuts, trims and assemble foam blocks with sprayable adhesive.
- - Sews decorative material and dress interior components.
- - Safely handles various regulated materials used in the process.
- - Education: High school diploma, DEP in upholstery or any other equivalent experience
- - Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience
- - Other skills: Ability to read technical drawings is an asset. The employee must be organized and efficient and must have good manual skills
- - Languages: Functional knowledge of French is mandatory. In the case where the knowledge of French is insufficient, the candidate must agree to achieve the required level on the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Upholsterer - EveningPublished on 06/01/2021Kirkland, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler - DayPublished on 06/01/2021Kirkland, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Cabinetmaker - DayPublished on 06/01/2021Kirkland, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair