Cabinetmaker - Day
Manufacture / assembly and repair
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Kirkland, Quebec, CANADA
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
English Bilingual, French Bilingual
Number of positions: 3
Schedule: Monday to Thursday from 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM
36 hours per week
The role of the cabinetmaker at Safran is the fabrication of aircraft structures and/or interior parts, such as tables, kitchens, toilets, closets, sidewalls, credenzas, etc. In addition, there is the creation of sub-assemblies for the completion of aircraft structures and/or parts using technical drawings and company and customer specifications. His role is also to document the materials used in the process in order to maintain traceability.
- - Fabricate and assemble architectural furniture according to shop drawings
- - Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts or components
- - Cut, trim, sand, glue wood pieces
- - Repair wood parts and related items
- - Assemble components
- - Machining parts
- - Work with a variety of woodworking machines, including power and hand tools
- - Ensure that the work area is clean and safe at all times
- - Work closely with teammates and crew leaders to ensure work is completed on schedule
- - Ensure that work is performed according to quality standards, policies and procedures
- - Adhere to and enforce new safety policies
- - Education: DEP in woodworking, DEC in woodworking or equivalent or higher education
- - Experience: 1-3 years
- - Skills: A solid understanding of engineering drawings, ability to read scale drawings and shop drawings. Familiarity with Windows® operating system, Office XP®
- - Languages: Ability to communicate in French and English.
- - Computer Skill: Familiar with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, and with MRP systems
- - Other Skills: Ability to use work tools safely and have good manual dexterity.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Upholsterer - DayPublished on 06/01/2021Kirkland, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Upholsterer - EveningPublished on 06/01/2021Kirkland, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Assembler - DayPublished on 06/01/2021Kirkland, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair