VIE- Supplier Quality Engineer
Irving, Texas, UNITED STATES
VIE, Part-time, 18 Months
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for working with Suppliers, Contract Manufactures, Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain for the selection of qualified suppliers and improvement of supplier performance to provide a positive impact on the quality of new and existing products.
Ability to work autonomously, prioritize workload, assess escalation needs.
- • Ability to find and evaluate risks within the supply chain, and propose long term solutions.
- • General familiarity with aerospace manufacturing equipment.
- • Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
- • Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- • Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- • Proficient in spreadsheet (report formatting, graphing, formula calculation generation), database, presentation and project management tools (i.e. Excel, Minitab, etc.).
- • Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, schematics, block diagrams and Engineering Change Notices for the purpose of specific inspection criteria and evaluation.
- • Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Suites (including Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, PowerPoint.)
Specificity of the job
Must be open to travel as needed (25% -75%).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
VIE- Supplier Performance ManagerPublished on 11/20/2019Irving, United States VIE Supply chain
VIE Supply Chain Gloucester H/FPublished on 01/15/2020Velizy Villacoublay, United Kingdom VIE Supply chain
Demand PlannerPublished on 01/13/2020Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Supply chain