Senior Legal Counsel
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Irving, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
The Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for supporting Safran in a broad range general corporate and contractual matters with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. Working closely with Safran's strategy team and other cross-functional groups (e.g., finance, tax, and human resources), the Senior Legal Counsel will actively support M&A transactions from planning stages through and including integration. The Senior Legal Counsel will often interact with internal and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and concise manner. The attorney will also provide general corporate and contract support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Investigate, research, and provide legal guidance on corporate and strategic transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, inter-company relationships, complex commercial agreements and other issues and circumstances which may arise in the company's day-to-day business activities.
- • Review, draft, negotiate and lead due diligence on domestic and international corporate mergers, asset acquisitions, divestitures, stock purchases and strategic investments.
- • Coordinate and manage the appropriate cross-functional leadership in a variety of areas, such as tax, finance, engineering, compliance, insurance, litigation and human resources.
- • Provide legal support on post-transaction and integration matters.
- • Review, draft, and negotiate a diverse range of corporate and transactional agreements and documents.
- • Work on ad hoc legal projects, including but not limited to, new policies, templates and processes, and other corporate legal and regulatory matters.
- • Manage and support resolution of formal disputes and litigation.
- • Ensure compliance with Safran legal practices and applicable laws and regulations.
- • Ability to negotiate, draft, review, and revise a wide range of contractual documents in a fast-paced environment.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- • Business-focused with the capacity to resolve complex issues with creative solutions while meeting Safran requirements for risk mitigation.
- • Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to organize and prioritize job duties effectively with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
- • Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- • Strong understanding of corporate law and contractual principles.
- • Ability to systematically analyze potential risk and complex issues, drawing relevant conclusions and implementing appropriate solutions.
- • Business acumen with the ability to recognize risk elements in business transactions and to understand the products or services that are the subject matter of a contract.
- • Ability to interact effectively and in a professional and supportive manner with persons in all job responsibilities and from all backgrounds.
- • Four or more years of combined law firm or in-house experience.
- • Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- • Law degree from an accredited law school required and licensed to practice law in Texas.
- • Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and similar software applications.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Responsable Juridique Corporate H/FPublished on 12/11/2019Plaisir, France Regular Full time Legal
Juriste contrats - Délégué de la protection des données H/FPublished on 12/10/2019Plaisir, France Regular Full time Legal
Responsable Juridique division Fluid Systems H/FPublished on 12/10/2019Plaisir, France Regular Full time Legal