Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Finance and management
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Norcross, Georgia, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Safran is an international high-tech group operating in the fields of propulsion and aeronautical equipment, space and defense.
Operating on every continent, the Group employs more than 91,000 people. Comprised of numerous companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, leading global or European positions in its markets.
Zodiac Data Systems:
Zodiac Data Systems (ZDS) is an entity of Safran, present in Europe and the United States. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products and solutions in the areas of edge and ground telemetry, embedded information processing, data acquisition and recording, satellite control and remote control. ZDS employs over 700 people in France (Les Ulis, Colombelles and Arcachon), USA and Germany.
Zodiac Data Systems Inc is a U.S. company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Safran Group, that engages in the antennas and equipment for on-board and ground telemetry including: data acquisition, data recording, satellite receivers, satellite radio signal recorders for earth observation and deep space, low earth orbit tracking antennas, mission recorders, flight test recorders, and telemetry antennas.
The company has grown 60% over the last 3 years to now over $40M in annual revenue and is looking for the right person as a CFO to manage the growing company finances.
ZDS Inc. – Atlanta Metro Area--Norcross, GA – is currently looking for a CFO to manage the finances for a growing aerospace technology company. The CFO will report and partner with ZDS Inc CEO to set and monitor budgets, provide monthly reporting, and otherwise be responsible for all financial aspects of a growing $40M business. In order to do so, the CFO will be working in close collaboration with the controllers of the 2 business units of Data Systems, the financial controller, the CFO of the business line and also with other Safran US entities (Safran US shared services, etc.).
This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong (over 60% since 2016) with lots of opportunity for the CFO to participate, within the financial department of the whole business line, in the definition of the strategic direction for success with impact on the implementation of financial governance, budgets and efficiency as the business transitions and continues to grow.
The CFO's mission is structured over 3 roles: Country Financial Affairs, Management Control and Sales Administration.
In the Country Financial Affairs role, the CFO will have the responsibility of preparing the company accounts, general accounting and managing one local accountant, in compliance with locally applicable processes and regulations (including tax matters, payroll, etc). He/she will be the main contact points for external audits, internal control campaigns and trade compliance matters, in coordination with the CFO of the Data Systems business line.
- - Coordinate with the controllers of 2 business units of the business line (located in France) in all their transactional activities for the portion of the business done at Norcross by producing all the related reports in due time as approved through the ZDS Inc Government Security Committee and determined by the Financial Department of Data Systems (monthly actual financial statements, rolling forecast, cash forecast, budget, business plan) and providing all the necessary complementary analyses;
- - Produce relevant analyses for the local team (variance analysis, computation of overheads rates, ROI analysis …) and maintain an accurate follow-up of the financial aspects of the mid-term projects;
Sales Administration role, the CFO will ensure the correct processing of commercial administrative transactions and customers' cash collection.
- - Bachelor or Masters Degree in business or accounting.
- - 5 years of experience with controlling and financial reporting, including mid-term project financial management (percentage of completion methodology).
- - Experience with Safran Financial systems a plus.
- - CPA Desired.
- - Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
- - Familiarity with government programs, FAR regulations, and subcontract management.
- - Self Motivated and the ability to work in self directed environment with strong interactions with operations.
- - Capability to work within a larger team spread over France and Germany, communicate with transparency and deliver one time & robust reports.
- - Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems. Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels. Viewed as expert in field within the corporation.
- - Due to multiple interactions with the Finance central team located in France, a knowledge of French culture and/or language would be a plus.
ZDS Inc is looking for an ambitious individual willing to serve as a key contributing individual to the success of a growing company within a growing international business line.
Specificity of the job
Travel of less than 10% anticipated. Travel to European parent company facilities in Paris is expected.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Sr. Financial AnalystPublished on 01/21/2020Irving, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Tax ManagerPublished on 11/07/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Budget InternPublished on 01/15/2020Irving, United States Internship / Student Finance and management