Finance and management
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Irvine, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
SEDA USA is looking for a Staff Accountant for the Electromechanical Business Unit (Irvine, CA)
Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Cost Accountant collects, analyzes and forecast cost information providing management with accurate and timely reporting of financial and operational data.& general accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Perform month-end closing, account reconciliations, expense analysis, and financial and operational reporting.
- - Preform Balance Sheet review process and ensure comprehensive account reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis. Additionally, assist in monthly close which include journal entries, accrual analysis and updating the monthly close file.
- - Ensure compliance with local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements, as required.
- - Coordinate and implement improvements to monthly closing procedures ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- - Applies principles of cost accounting to develop product costs, labor and overhead rates.
- - Provides timely and accurate financial and operational reports.
- - Assist in review of information related to cost of sales, variance and gross margin exception analysis for reasonableness.
- - Variance and root-cause analysis. Recommend process improvements and corrective actions for problem areas.
- - Participate in the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process.
- - Accounts Payment Schedule
- - Tax Report
- - Travels & Expenses analysis
- - Participate to the Annual Internal Control campaign
- - SG&A analysis budget tracking
- - Personnel Expenses Journal Entries
- - Payroll
- - Benefits
- - Liaison with HR
- - Concur
- - Travels
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
- - 2 years of experience in accounting experience
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Skills and Abilities:
- - Knowledge of ERP system – SAP experience is preferred.
- - Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- - Thorough attention to detail and accuracy.
- - Experience in manufacturing accounting.
- - Displays initiative and creativity in identifying and solving problems.
- - Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Exhibits clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- - Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments.
- - Works and communicates effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas.
Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Accounts Receivable SpecialistPublished on 11/06/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Director, AccountingPublished on 12/08/2019Brea, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Senior Cost AccountantPublished on 12/05/2019Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management