Sr. Procurement Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Rockwell collins - 1733 alton pkway bldg 518 ca 92606 irvine, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
Directs the activities of SRMs (Supplier Relationship Managers) to accomplish company objectives. Monitors and reduce the cost, schedule and performance aspects of the procurement operations. Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels. Will have responsibility for source selection, establishing sourcing agreements with suppliers at the local level. Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services. Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects/recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. This leader will have a diverse team of program managers, sourcing specialists, and SRMs.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Strategically manages the subcontracting function of the Enterprise. Ensures subcontracts support Enterprise strategies through continual focus on the reduction of total cost of ownership.
- - Ensures that the subcontract function has ownership of creating supply chain strategy for key pursuits and throughout program life cycle.
- - Oversees subcontract program/project cost, schedule and risk of programs. Maintains a strong emphasis on performance-based supplier relationships.
- - Collaborates with and supports all business units to drive consistent subcontracting and program management focus.
- - Develops and manages performance-based subcontracts, acting as a resource for contracts, interpretation of business law, terms and conditions, and supplier financial analysis. Interfaces with business unit leadership to resolve subcontracting issues and set strategic direction for all subcontracts.
- - Ensures monitoring and reporting of subcontractors via departmental, M&S Scorecard and PMO cadence reviews
- - Championing PPV activities and cost reduction projects
- - Leads management of the sourcing process. Ensures sourcing strategies align with business strategies through continuous focus on the best overall value through employing a total cost of ownership methodology.
- - Accountable for development and presentation of compelling market analysis that establishes the foundation for the sourcing strategies.
- - Directs the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish company objectives.
- - Executes and implements the established policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
- - Allocates resources appropriately to meet the company objectives and operating plan.
- - Responsible for the total performance management of Safran suppliers, this includes but not limited to cost, quality, and performance delivery.
- - Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- - Responsible for the relationship management of Safran supply base.
- - Must have a good knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and the commodities that are purchased. Use this information to leverage into developing strategies.
- - Directs the activities of a group of purchasing SRMs who contract with vendors for raw materials, supplies, equipment or services required by the company.
- - Contract monitoring and negotiations, year over year pricing reductions
- - Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function: Oversees staffing, development, performance management/evaluation, diversity, health/safety, and employee relations.
- - Interacts with internal customers, especially manufacturing, program office, and engineering departments. Occasional, interaction with external customers is expected to discuss capacity and potential recovery situations.
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- - At least 5-8 years of experience in procurement
- - Must have experience working with an ERP/MRP, SAP system
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylum or refugee
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- - May be required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment (e.g. key supplier, partner).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Sr. Material HandlerPublished on 12/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supplier Performance Regional Manager, AmericasPublished on 01/16/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supplier Quality EngineerPublished on 01/15/2021Cypress, United States Regular Full time Supply chain