Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Irvine, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
The Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality is a member of the Leadership Team with primary responsibility for providing leadership, planning and coordination of activities of the Supplier Quality Organization in support of Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA's, EMS Division business objectives. The Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality is responsible for supporting the deployment of CI (Continuous Improvement) throughout all quality functions. This includes metric deployment, high performing work teams, and tiered meetings with advanced problem solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Own the development, implementation, and oversight of an effective Supplier Quality program that operates in compliance with corporate quality policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- - Administers material review activities on Safran and/or supplier products.
- - Administers and maintains the EMS Division's approved supplier list.
- - Maintains and administers an effective evaluation and audit program for Safran and its supply base to ensure conformance to Industry, contractual and Safran process and product requirements.
- - Facilitates/leads the use of lean/six sigma (advanced quality) tools to evaluate Safran or supplier products and processes.
- - Analyzes root causes of deficiencies and ensures proper corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- - Leads and participates in cross-functional team efforts to improve Safran or supplier products and processes.
- - Develops and leads cost effective strategies across Safran that results in an ongoing significant improvement to Safran or supplier products and processes.
- - Identifies need for and delivers training materials to Safran or suppliers related to the Quality Management System.
- - Mentors Supplier Quality Team and Engineers on the Safran Quality Management System.
- - Assumes supervisory/lead responsibility for supplier quality engineering personnel in multiple locations as directed by leadership.
- - Assumes leadership delegated responsibility when directed by leadership.
- - Develops, evaluates, revises and applies Procedures and Methods related to the EMS Business Unit's Quality Management System, to assure effectiveness to process improvement.
- - Analyzes customer/industry/regulatory specifications and ensures compliance of Safran products and processes. Leads initiatives to attain/maintain applicable global regulatory and quality standards certifications.
- - Develops and maintains a working relationship with key customer procurement organizations to the benefit of the customer and Safran.
- - Provides customer quality interface and support.
- - Provides assistance to engineering and life cycle leadership in the preparation of technical proposals for products and services.
- - Ensures Safran and supplier products shipped to customers meet applicable business unit, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- - Provides guidance and assistance to Safran engineering and life cycle leadership regarding product and process quality requirements.
- - Provides guidance and assistance to Safran material and supply leadership during the requirement flow down, evaluation, selection and monitoring of suppliers.
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor's degree in appropriate technical discipline Fulfill all Environmental, Safety & Health requirements and act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times. This includes, following all ES&H policies and procedures, acting on unsafe conditions and aiding Leadership in the attainment of ES&H initiatives and continuous improvement efforts.
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- - Prior Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development experience throughout the lifecycle of products
- - FAA Repair Station knowledge is preferred
- - ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- - Experience managing and developing multiple direct reports
- - Thorough working knowledge with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and Continuous Improvement SPC, and Six Sigma methodologies
- - Experience with problem solving methodology such as A3 and 8D
- - Experience leading complex projects with remote team members
- - Knowledge of manufacturing structures, varied processes, operating practices, and operating budgets.
- - Experience managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- - AS9100, ISO9001, Mil-Std working knowledge
- - Experience with international regulatory requirements and international business partners is helpful.
- - Ability to work with a wide range of people for process improvements and corrective actions
- - Capacity to work independently and within team environments.
Specificity of the job
Up to 40%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.