Customer Quality Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1733 alton pkway bldg 518 ca 92606 irvine, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
The Customer Quality Manager (CQM) position provides the opportunity to gain experience working with customers and across multiple disciplines with Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics (SEDA). The CQM has a direct impact on customer satisfaction metrics.
A successful CQM develops strong customer relationships and manage the customer satisfaction metrics for assigned customer. The CQM utilizes a network of operations and engineering resources to evaluate SEDA products and processes, analyze root causes of deficiencies and ensures proper corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner. The CQM participates in cross-functional team efforts to make improvements to SEDA products and processes ensuring the highest quality products are delivered to the customer.
This position requires ability to develop relationships with customers, program/contract management and various support groups to ensure timely responses to issues requiring corrective action or impacting customer satisfaction. The position also requires an ability to interpret customer requirements and ability to satisfy them with our current Quality Management System.
- • Interface with business units, cross-functional groups and customers on support tasks related to Quality & OTD, FA (Failure Analysis), RCCA (Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions).
- • Review FA & RCCA reports before release to customers, and address follow up customer questions/requests.
- • Manage the quality relationship with customers (internal/external) and drive proactive customers support.
- • Create strong customers relationship in cooperation with Program Office.
- • Address all customers' requests and complaints (Quality mainly). The CQM is the first point of contact for quality issues and requests, directly by the customers or through Program Office / Service Group.
- • Support data analysis for KPIs metrics (Customer Satisfaction).
- • Involve in failure analysis and managed quality escalations, including leading cross-functional teams.
- • Ensure Cross-functional team's performance metrics are aligned with the organization's strategic objective supporting Customer Satisfaction.
- • Recommend modifications of internal qualification, assembly & test processes to meet Customer Satisfaction expectations.
- • Involvement with reviewing customer requirements and quality contracts.
- • Managed customer visits and customer audits.
- • Create quality notification letters.
- • Support customer business reviews. Track Customer Sat scorecards and drive improvement plans.
- • Lead periodic Customer Sat reports for customers.
- • Drive continuous improvement through Ops, based on FA findings and customer requirements.
- • Champion of the “Voice of Customer”.
- • Lead other quality functions to ensure One Quality group behavior.
- • Leadership skills demonstration (Lead & Influence the teams)
- • Build relationships intenally and with the Customer
- • Effective Communication (Status, Risks identification, Plans, Help needed)
- • Proactiveness (Meeting deadlines, presenting improvements, driving improvement plans)
Education / Experience:
- • STEM Bachelor's degree required
- • Experience in Quality, Engineering, and/or a Customer-facing role
- • Ability to travel domestic/international for up to 50% when safe and when travel restrictions are lifted
- • This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Quality EngineerPublished on 12/17/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Quality
Supplier Quality EngineerPublished on 12/17/2020Carson , United States Regular Full time Quality
Responsable Assurance Qualité Logiciel et Electronique Systèmes de Navigation et de Guidage H/FPublished on 01/23/2021Eragny, France Regular Full time Quality