Customer Quality Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Irvine, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Customer Quality Manager (Individual Contributor Role) is a vital individual contributor role that interacts directly with the Customer, and in turn influences/leads Safran's strategies to continuously strive toward 100% Customer Satisfaction.
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of an overall quality plan to drive continuous improvement as it relates to customer satisfaction. It utilizes a network of operations, engineering, and program/contract management resources to evaluate Safran's products and processes ensuring the highest quality products are delivered to the customer.
- • The selected individual will develop positive working relationships with assigned Safran's customers (internal/external) to assure quality expectations are understood and met
- • Interface with the business units, cross-functional groups and customers on support tasks related to Quality & OTD, FA (Failure Analysis), RCCA (Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions).
- • Leads customer-focused initiatives to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- • Influences product performance improvement focus
- • Champions Root Cause and Corrective Actions necessary to improve customer satisfaction
- • Support data analysis for KPIs metrics affecting Customer Satisfaction.
- • Address all customers' requests and complaints (Quality mainly). The CQM is the first point of contact for quality issues and requests, directly from the customers or through Program Office / Service Group.
- • Able to communicate the Quality Improvement Plans to assigned Safran's Customers
- • Acts in accordance with Safran's principles of trust and integrity
- • Act as the contractual knowledge resource/gatekeeper (MRB/Design Authority, Quality requirements)
- • Facilitates customer visits/audits
- • Identify and communicates emerging trends impacting customer satisfaction ensuring timely action is taken
Education / Experience:
o STEM Bachelor's degree required
o Strong analytical problem-solving techniques using quality tools as well as the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
o Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
o Experience within Quality, Engineering, or a Customer-facing (e.g. Program Management, Customer Service) required
o Ability to excel in a fast paced changing environment
o Project Management training / experience
o Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
o This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Skills and Abilities:
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to travel domestic/internationally up to 50%
o Ability to work autonomously
o Team player and collaborator
o Able to work in a fast pace environment
3) Physical Requirements :
o While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
o The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Specificity of the job
Up to 50% domestic/international
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.