Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Huntington beach, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
Summary of Duties:
- • Supervise Purchasing personnel to implement values and objectives in order to achieve corporate goals and optimum performance
- • Assigns purchasing and scheduling duties based on business requirements
- • Establish and/or oversee training as required.
- • Ensure performance from purchasing personnel based on standards and goals.
- • Identify and address personnel issues.
- • Organize, analyze and report data including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- • Proactively work in continuous improvements within the department.
- • Communicates purchasing department's activities and strategies in conjunction with Management
- • Provides feedback and support to Development buyer department.
- • Supports customer's needs by using standard process where possible.
- • Ensures that purchasing department follows all guidelines and procedures
- • Supports buyers in any escalated issues or concerns.
- • Works with Production supervisor on a daily basis to monitor status and scheduling in order to obtain on-time delivery of products based on information provided by planning and purchasing teams.
- • Inputs data into various systems and creates/prepares reports for customer meetings.
- • Mentors and supports buyers in any inquiry
- • Works proactively to optimize supply chain operations through creative solutions acting alone and/or in teams.
- • Drives operational excellence and provides Supply Chain expertise to other functional areas.
- • Demonstrates leadership and business acumen in actions, interactions and decisions.
- • Must be organized and possess time management skills and skills to adapt to priority changes.
- • Attends and actively participates in departmental meetings in a positive manner
- • Works in additional projects assigned by Management.
Leads and administrates the Purchasing Staff. Identifies, suggests and implements the development of purchasing strategies and systems under supervision of the Director of Operations.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required (Preferably a degree in Supply Chain management or related field) or comparable experience.
Experience: 10 years of experience in a production environment required.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, AutoCAD.
Other Skills: Solid understanding of Production Planning and Production Scheduling best practices and principles is required.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • LN knowledge desired.
- • APICS certification preferred
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Buyer 2 - Aftermarket & ServicePublished on 07/24/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Senior BuyerPublished on 06/23/2021Brea, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Supervisor, Supply Chain AnalyticsPublished on 06/21/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Purchasing