Project Engineer 3
Passenger and Crew Experience
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Huntington beach, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
Summary of Duties:
- • Is responsible for the creation and execution of product strategies, product IR&D, and product life cycle management.
- • Provides technical leadership and guidance to other engineers with the capacity to mentor and train several engineering staff
- • Supports proposal activities including identifying applicable innovative technology and providing engineering resource estimation
- • Monitors project performance metrics, and provide monthly updates to his/her manager on project NRC status (ITD, EAC, variance to plan), product DTC and DTW status. Works with Program Management and Sales to manage all out-of-scope requests and assists with assertions.
- • Works independently and/or with a team composed of various disciplines including program management, sales and marketing, operations. Leads and oversees all aspects of product design life cycle including research, proposal, development and production phases.
- • Develops project and/or development plans including schedules, budgets and necessary design resources.
- • Thoroughly translates equipment specification into a work breakdown structure and product breakdown structure, equipment / component specifications, and allocate software and hardware requirements.
- • Creates, maintains and checks the lifecycle documentation for aerospace products such as equipment development plan, validation and verification plan / procedures, qualification plan / procedures. Evaluates or generates Engineering Change Requests (ECR's) as appropriate. The project engineer is responsible for the on-time release of the lifecycle documents in compliance to the program schedule.
- • Ensures compliance of design solutions to performance, safety, reliability, structural, thermal, electrical, quality, design and material requirements and performs analyses and testing regime to ensure robust engineering design. Seeks guidance from technical experts when appropriate.
- • Champions continuous improvement of product design, including product differentiation and competitiveness, manufacturability improvements and component standardization.
- • Coordinates with internal and external customers as well as vendors and suppliers to ensure critical issues are addressed in a timely fashion. Interfaces with strategic partners as the engineered product development focal.
- • Works with OEM's, airlines, and airworthiness authorities to certify equipment for use on commercial, military, and private aircraft.
- • Performs/supports development and validation tests for electronic hardware and software integration.
- • Conducts hands on troubleshooting of the verification and qualification failure and perform root cause analyses
- • Prepares presentations and leads design reviews for the given work package or product
- • Takes pride in producing high quality work that is free of errors
- • Contributes to continuous improvement of the engineering department.
- • Understands and follows ZEIU Systems procedures related to product developm
- • Bachelor's degree (B.S. in Aerospace Engineering) or equivalent in related field
- • 10+ years in related experience
- • Maintains good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks from internal customers such as project engineers and system engineers.
- • Attained in depth product and competitive industry intelligence such as competitors IP activities. Being the industry leader in the subject matter
- • Possess in depth knowledge of manufacturing methods to allow “best fit” for new product development
- • Strong engineering foundation in one or more disciplines such as electrical, thermal, electromechanical, materials, structural, aerospace, and chemical fields.
- • Mature written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive consensus to a balanced decision.
- • Possess strong work ethic with the commitment to excellence. Effective in working independently or within a cross-functional team.
- • Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Must use time efficiently and develop realistic achievable action plans.
- • Good problem solving skills based on solid technical reasoning.
- • Experienced in product development under a regulated environment using FAA, SAE, RTCA, OEM and industry guidelines. Knowledge of RTCA-DO160 / 178 / 254 and OEM specifications.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Desired leadership experience in Aerospace
Description: Senior Level within job role
ID: DLAV - 79120
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
User Experience Design & Interaction Researcher, level 2Published on 12/12/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Design Engineer 2Published on 12/10/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Stress Engineer ManagerPublished on 12/04/2019Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience