Passenger and Crew Experience
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Huntington beach, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Program Manager has program performance and P&L responsibility for a small to medium complexity program. He/she is responsible for delivering the program objectives, managing program performance, risks, opportunities, and change control according to internal rules and processes
The Program Manager will provide leadership to a matrixed cross functional integrated program team (IPT), and drive continuous improvement using company root cause and corrective action processes.
The Program Manager will report to a Business Unit, Division leader or Director of Programs. The Program Manager serves as the Customer(s) primary Point of Contact (POC).
Summary of Duties:
- • Responsibility, Authority and full Accountability, including program P&L, for the successful execution and Customer Satisfaction of the Program under his/her leadership
- • Responsible for the overall financial performance of the program
- • Maintain the Business Case for the entire program life cycle
- • Monitor and control program Non Recurring Expenses (NRE)
- • Ensure profitability through Design To Cost (DTC) management
- • Strong emphasis on Scope Control and Change Management
- • Update program financials & determine root cause & corrective actions for variances
- • Program bid, planning & control
- • Develop estimate of non-recurrent & recurring costs targets
- • Review customer requirements technical compliance matrix
- • Create & maintain the program management plan
- • Work with IPT to develop, baseline and maintain the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- • Analyze and prioritize tasks on the Critical Path throughout the program life cycle
- • Support the S&OP meetings and coordinate the program medium to long range planning
- • Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into program planning and control
- • Identify and manage program (internal & external)
- • Perform and maintain program risk & opportunity assessment ( quantitative and qualitative)
- • Review the customer contract compliance and control scope
- • Primary Point of Contact with customer over the entire program life cycle
- • Communicate to customer the commitments of the BU
- • Be responsible for arranging program progress reviews with the customer
- • Report to the customer a progress status of the program, compliant with their follow up expectations
- • Lead internal and customer milestone gate reviews ( e.g. PDR, CDR, PRR, etc)
- • Capture and communicate lessons learned
- • Oversee assigned Project Manager(s) and IPT work package leaders
- • Ability to build teams, and facilitate conflict resolution
- • Set program priorities and provide strategic guidance on day-to-day program issues
- • Establish program governance, including program key performance indicators (KPIs) & conduct weekly program review
- • Prepare and lead IPT meetings with the IPT ( program reviews, working groups, etc)
- • Monitor KPIs, including earn value management indicator, and ensure variances are addressed in a timely
- • Monitor problem solving and ensure root cause corrective action and recovery plan is defined & executed
- • Provide annual performance review input for IPT resources to functional leadership
- • Identify and manage program interdependencies
- • Serve as primary liaison with Executive Management
- • Provide the Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- • Enable flow down of “corporate directives” to IPT
- • Provide strategic guidance from an operational perspective
- • Support monthly review with documented corrective action for any red KPIs
- • Report roadblocks, execution gaps to leadership with a recommendation to resolve the issue(s)
- • Support, aide the implementation of common processes and the deployment of corporate standard Program Management initiatives within the program
- • Risk & opportunity Management
- • Responsible for managing and controlling risks & opportunities
- • Ensure all major risks & opportunities have assigned owners, mitigation/capture plans, and drive risk/opportunity plan execution
- • Resource Management
- • Determine required program resources needs through development and serial production
- • Set priorities and work with functional leadership to ensure program resource needs are met
- • Provide development plans, and coaching for assigned project managers
- • Sales/Budget projections
- • Provide quarterly fiscal year forecast
- • Provide Long-term (5-year) comprehensive projection
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: Typically requires 6 years of project manager or project engineer experience in a commercial aerospace environment required. Basic Knowledge of program management methodologies and proven ability to manage complex projects
- • Proficient with MS Project
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- • Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, leadership skills, organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize information, financial acumen
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Degree in engineering
- • Project Management certification (PMI, PMP, etc.)
- • Experience with LEAN principles and continuous improvement
Business travel up to 25% likely.
Description: Mid-level position within field.
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Senior Design EngineerPublished on 04/06/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Stress Engineer ManagerPublished on 04/05/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience
Project Engineer 3Published on 03/16/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Passenger and Crew Experience