Improvement Project Lead
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Huntington beach, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
Reporting to the Safran Cabin Continuous Improvement VP, the objectives and missions are:
- • At the request of a sponsor, the improvement project leads projects contributing to enhance the performance of a process or an activity
- • He/She creates the conditions to promote the improvement, innovation and related tools and organize best practices sharing
Summary of Duties:
- • To set boundaries to the project with the help of the sponsor
- • To implement the structure of the project management (especially the decision-making body «Steering Committee»)
- • To identify the needs in resources and negotiate their provision with the sponsor
- • To implement ambitious improvement projects using methods such as Lean Sigma
- • To drive the project in incorporating its change management
- • To support and lead other projects pilots. Supervise projects led by GB (or BB if MBB) and develop their skills
- • To involve the projects shareholders
- • To share feedbacks with other project pilots
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Business/Operations
- • 10+ years of experience in the following areas: Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain; Customer Services; Production; Quality; Engineering; Information Technology; Logistics or Planning.
- • Knowledge of the company, Group, management system, processes and organizations
- • Knowledge of the project management and risks management
- • Knowledge of the leverages of changes in complex organizations
- • Knowledge of the basics in terms of techno-economic management and performance management
- • Knowledge of the Lean Sigma tools and methods
- • Proficiency in the use of common software packages including MS Office suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint
- • Leadership
- • Capacity to negotiate
- • Capacity to delegate
- • Capacity to solve difficult problems in complex situations
- • Experience of the functional and transverse management of multidisciplinary teams
- • Capacity to work in a multicultural and international environment
- • Ability to conduct changes
- • Practical experiences of Safran tools and methods including Lean Sigma and the management of complex projects
- • Capacity to identify the leverages of performance improvement
- • Capacity to involve and confederate
- • Great organization and personal structuring
- • Great coordinator
- • Qualities in interpersonal relationships and capacity to kindly challenge the organizations
Additional Preferred Skills:
- • Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification from Safran
- • Green Belt or Black Belt certified trainer from Safran
- • One Safran Referent
Description: Senior-level position within field
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language, speaking Spanish would be an asset.
2. Employment Status will be full-time based in USA, California
3. Traveling is required.
4. Regular office environment with regular interactions with people on the shop floor
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Division Performance Improvement DirectorPublished on 01/05/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Project Engineer 3 (Aircraft Cabin Interiors)Published on 01/19/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Export Control & Sanctions, Trade Compliance ManagerPublished on 01/18/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Trade compliance and risks