Trade Compliance Manager (Export Control)
Trade compliance and risks
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Huntington beach, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Import/Export Trade Compliance Manager oversees SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates import/export daily trade practices, including oversight of daily issues in export licensing and import compliance. Minimizes import duty liability through development and implementation of effective duty avoidance strategies. Strategically integrates compliance into the achievement of SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates business objectives. Assists SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates in the administration of US export controls and import compliance activities during the conduct of their operations. Engages federal agencies to advance SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates reputation and trade objectives. Trains in the establishment and daily operation of export control management and import compliance systems.
Summary of Duties:
- • Oversight of SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates daily import/export compliance functions, engaging personnel in multiple functions to build support for compliance objectives while advancing business processes on a transaction-by-transaction basis.
- • Maintains expertise in federal regulatory areas including U.S. export and import compliance, U.S. Customs regulations and administration, and strategic application of thereof.
- • Designs and administers corporate wide structured training programs.
- • Designs and administers export and import audits and reviews to ensure compliance and duty processes
- • Reports to and completes assignments on international trade issues
- • Demonstrates strong judgment, discretion, and strategic thinking. Recognizes organizational issues and stakeholders impacted and affected by compliance requirements.
- • Identifies industry and government trends (domestic and international) impacting the compliance on SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates operations and/or contract legal environment and incorporates into strategic planning.
- • Maintains cooperative relationships with key government agencies which have regulatory oversight of SAFRAN CABIN US affiliates export and import compliance activities.
- • Drives efficiencies in the integration of compliance and business practices.
- • Develops and maintains organizational awareness of key regulatory requirements.
- • Develops and drives interdepartmental strategies to achieve efficient, compliant business outcomes and maximize strategic objectives.
Education: B.A., M.B.A., or related degree preferred, with a focus on international trade and/or legal affairs.
Experience: Seven or more years' full-time experience in international business, legal and/or regulatory affairs, with at least five years dedicated to the U.S. international trade environment in a challenging industry environment and structured training program. Strong knowledge of US export control reform procedures circa 2013.
- • Advanced computer skills including MS office (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel and Power Point).
- • Advanced knowledge of the ITAR, EAR, OFAC, FTR, and US Customs regulations and practices.
- • Excellent communication and problem solving skills with strong ability to successfully multitask in a time-pressured environment.
- • Strong desire to manage and strategically integrate regulatory requirements into business processes to maximize outcomes, such as timely regulatory integration of foreign persons into the US workplace; timely sharing of IT systems amongst affiliates, etc.
- • Able to proactively teach the law, not merely impose it.
- • Able to diplomatically manage diverse, divergent needs of various disciplines with competing priorities and limited capacity.
- • Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills required.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Travel is infrequent.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Project Engineer 3 (Aircraft Cabin Interiors)Published on 01/23/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Design Engineer 2 (Aerospace Monument Design)Published on 01/07/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Improvement Project LeadPublished on 12/17/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement