Grand prairie, tx 75052, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 3 years
Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Assures quality standards by performing inspections of incoming material, in-process articles, and final product in a manufacturing environment. Perform audits of Part 21 process for compliance to FAA regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Performs shop floor audits to determine compliance with regulations and company procedures.
- - Performs receiving inspection duties per sampling plan using approved methods and criteria.
- - Request, reviews, and archive supplier first article inspection reports in accordance with AS9102.
- - Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of components to ensure that workmanship and materials conform to Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, assembly instructions and manual procedures.
- - Reviews, validates and records configuration and modification status.
- - Examines material product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and corrosion.
- - Inspects materials and products to ensure protective covers and safety wire for conformance to specifications.
- - Compares product with parts list, drawing, sample model or workmanship standard to ensure completion of assembly.
- - Verifies specified dimensions/performance of product or material.
- - Signs traveler tag to approve unit, or record reasons for rejecting unit.
- - Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- - Documents all inspection “Turn Backs” on shop Corrective Action boards.
- - Performs visual inspection of product prior to delivery.
- - Examines assembly and test records for completeness and accuracy.
- - Readies the documentation package and notifies the internal FAA designee(s) when conformity inspection is required.Performs final inspection of products to assure all defined tasks are completed and in compliance with required regulations and internal documentation prior to FAA DAR conformity inspection in absence of DMIR designation.
- - Perform and archive first article inspections in accordance with AS9102 and customer requirements.
- - Assist in developing control plans using data from FMEA.
- - Ability to perform DMIR duties per FAA regulation.
- - May be required to perform Part 145 audits and inspections.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
- - Ability to work effectively across functions.
4) Physical Requirements:
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
- - The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- - Required on call duty.
Education / Experience:
- - FAA Regulations for TSO and/or PMA parts production
- - A&P certificate from college or technical school with IA preferred, not required. DMIR a plus.
- - Intermediate Level- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- - Advanced Professional- Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations such as AS9100, 9110 standards, FAA regulations EASA Regulations that can be interpreted, adapted, and applied to the unique requirements of the organization.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and flow down of customers' expectations and regulatory requirements
Present Quality situations of a program or product to customers or to authorities
Manage and coordinate solutions when a product is non-conforming. Lead problem solving teams
Assist with process improvements
Good knowledge in manufacturing quality and quality tools
Knowledge of Part 21 regulation for TSO production
Knowledge of configuration management
Knowledge of products
Lean and continuous improvement skills - Kaizen
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
Good time management skills
Good quality skill set
Good interpersonal skills
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Technical Services ManagerPublished on 07/06/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Quality
Quality InspectorPublished on 07/26/2021Denton, United States Regular Full time Quality
Supplier Quality Engineer II (Aerospace)Published on 07/28/2021Brea, United States Regular Full time Quality