Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Redmond - wa - 98052, usa, Washington, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
Purpose of the Role:
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day and long-term success of the company related to purchase materials. This position is responsible for setting and maintaining purchasing policies, negotiating LTAs with key suppliers and managing the purchasing team for success as measured by the department KPIs.
- • Responsible and accountable for meeting/exceeding the department KPIs which includes LTAs, Supplier OTD, Supplier Quality and cost reductions.
- • Maintaining and managing the company purchasing policies.
- • Manage team and individuals on the team to ensure department/company success.
- • Ensure optimal interface between commodity buyers, suppliers and the company's stakeholders or relevant departments: Engineering, Finance, Production, Planning, Quality, Warehouse and Sales
- • Oversee the Purchases of goods, materials, components or service in line with specified costs, quality and delivery target
- • Monitor suppliers issues resolution in term of price, quality, and delivery or invoice
- • Assess, monitor, manage and improve its suppliers' portfolio performance.
- • Monitor and advise on any issues that present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- • Lead by example.
- • Monitor and oversee ERP messages or reports to ensure supply continuity, evaluate inventory levels and place purchase orders to support customer orders and inventory management.
- • Manage and process purchase requisitions, purchase orders, acknowledgements and amendments, expedites or cancellation, invoice reconciliation, Suppliers non-conformances, deviations and returns.
- • Proactively monitor purchase order delivery dates to support Production schedule.
- • Oversee shortages management by commodity buyers, their resolutions and coordination with production planning to adjust demand or supply level.
- • Oversee Supplier Quality and commodity buyers' actions to manage Supplier non-conformances, deviations, documentation gaps or corrective actions.
- • Oversee and participate in Material Review Board (MRB) for non-conforming materials to ensure timely execution of material dispositions when assigned to team members
- • Initiate internal or external corrective actions to solve issues, such as but not limited to initiating Engineering Change orders on Purchased items to support design or documentation updates.
- • Ensure compliance to company Quality Management Systems (QMS), and purchasing guidelines, policies or procedures
- • Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc. Applies cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions.
- • Determines optimal methods of procurement process such as discrete or blanket orders, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), etc. in alignment with the company strategy to optimize its purchased inventory levels
- • Determine and manage optimal order levels by reviewing ERP logistic settings, such as supplier lead-time, order minimums, capacity, shipment methods, freight costs and other relevant variables as necessary.
Supplier performance management and improvement
- • Build, maintain and manage company suppliers' relationships with effective communication skills and by continuously monitoring the flow of information or requirements, both external and internal.
- • Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationship
- • Utilize supplier performance data on Costs, Quality or Delivery to drive continuous improvement, including feedback and proactive resolution of issues
- • In close collaboration with Supplier Quality and the commodity buyers, investigate quality concerns and recommend actions to correct and prevent future quality concerns; implement and drive supplier improvement processes
- • Participate and support Suppliers' assessments or audits
- • Perform on-site visits as and when required
Skills and Attributes
- • Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- • Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to work.
- • Proactively contributes to the team and actively commits to teams/peers development.
- • Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- • Is self-aware and optimistic by showing openness and honesty in all dealings.
- • Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, achieve set targets and meet deadlines.
- • Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
- • Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- • Maintains records and systems consistent with a professional approach to purchasing activities.
- • Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- • Able to add value, identify problems, offer solutions or input to business improvements and reduce costs
- • Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- • 3 – 5 years of proven experience managing a purchasing team and consistently delivering results
- • Successful experiences of coaching and mentoring direct reports to score as a team
- • Strong knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and analysis
- • Demonstrated skills in MRP/ERP and Product Life Management (PLM) applications; experience with MFG Pro/QAD ERP a plus
- • Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills are mandatory, advanced skills in Excel or database are beneficial
- • Must be fluent in English
- • Other requirements (preferred or a plus):
o Experience in working closely with suppliers.
o Ability to read engineering drawings or blueprint is an asset.
o Experience in Aerospace or regulated industry with ISO certification.
o Experience working in a matrix style organization and complying to both corporate and local requirements.
o Familiar with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Commodity BuyerPublished on 03/22/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Master PlannerPublished on 07/21/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Senior procurement OfficerPublished on 07/07/2021Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Purchasing