New Production Technician
Manufacture / assembly and repair
Grand prairie , Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Assembles Safran Helicopter engines and modules from CKD kits
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Works with assembly documentation, hand tools, measuring equipment's, balancing and grinding machines to assemble modules and engines.
- • Ensures that safety is a priority.
- • Ensures cleanliness of work area.
- • Define and implement changes as necessary to improve process (TURBO+).
- • May be assigned responsibility for maintenance performed during his/her shift.
- • Supports Safran HE and management policies.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • No supervisory or budget responsibilities
- • Employee would have access to confidential and sensitive information that may lead to reputation and/or competitive posture; and would cause high risk or damage to organization if an error was to occur within this position
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Certificate from college or technical school; or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Mechanical/technical/interpersonal-skills can be applied immediately to job duties; a specialist in the details of a work function
- • Basic- Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel
5.0 Physical Requirements:
Warehouse and Test Cell
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- • The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Technical Support EngineerPublished on 09/11/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MRO TechnicianPublished on 07/17/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Production AssociatePublished on 08/21/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair