Manufacture / assembly and repair
Grand prairie, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 3 years
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Chief Inspector is directly responsible for the overall operation of the inspection department and is responsible for overseeing, directing and orienting inspectors to execute their work in accordance to task requirements and in line with the Company Repair Station procedures and requirements, ensuring compliance to FAA/EASA regulations.
- • Ensures the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft components, in a timely manner.
- • Directs and supervises inspection activities.
- • Responsible for accurate and timely execution of all required inspection records, reports and forms.
- • Ensures that the Inspection Station Roster is current and available.
- • Ensures all tools and test equipment are inspected and maintained in a serviceable and, where applicable, calibrated condition with appropriate documentation.
- • Ensures there are no defective, non-conforming, or un-airworthy parts installed in any component or assembly released to service.
- • Ensures all inspectors are thoroughly familiar with the inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- • Demands and accomplishes document procedures and sign-offs in accordance with Repair Station Manual and respective tasks.
- • Establishes, implements, maintains and enforces the standards and system for ensuring that all receiving, preliminary, hidden damage, in-process and final inspections of articles undergoing maintenance, preventive maintenance or alteration are performed in accordance with the applicable technical data and the procedures in the Repair Station Quality and Training manuals.
- • Determines the final disposition of items that have exceeded allowable shelf life limits, been exposed to unacceptable storage conditions or failed to meet incoming inspection.
- • Determines whether the requested maintenance, preventive maintenance or alteration on articles received for work can be accomplished within the applicable maintenance data, despite any other damage or discrepancies noted.
- • Ensures that work performed on articles under the authority of the repair station is appropriately approved for return to service on the maintenance release.
- • Ensures all technical data provided in the manufacturer's instructions for continued airworthiness, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, government and industry standard practices and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA, are current and available to persons performing maintenance and alterations on articles.
- • Consults with the customer in order to make a major/minor determination, documents the analysis that supports the determination and obtains approval for all major repairs/alteration
- • Working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- • General understanding of NDT disciplines to include Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current, and Liquid Penetrant
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
- • Well-developed interpersonal skills that promote and foster a team culture.
- • Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands.
- • Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- • Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- • High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- • Minimum of five years of pertinent mechanical/inspection experience.
- • FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and/or FAA Repairman license or ability to obtain a repairman license if not already certified.
- • Must be appropriately certificated in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Final InspectorPublished on 03/04/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Technician - Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO)Published on 02/24/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Details Part Inspector (Metrology)Published on 02/14/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair