Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Gloucester, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
The prime focus of the role is to give Quality Assurance support to the Single Aisle Programme and provide liaison between the programme and Gloucester Assembly.
The role will report to the Gloucester Quality Director, but will also have a dotted line to the A320 Programme Quality Manager. As the site Programme Quality focal you will have regular customer communication and a key aspect of the role is working together with the customer and programme on mutually beneficial improvement activities. More specifically you will:-
- • Support PFMEA and industrialisation activities.
- • Develop and maintain the Part v Process Matrix.
- • Prepare and lead customer assessments/audits.
- • Contribute to and participate in development reviews both internally and with the customer.
- • Prepare and deliver First Delivery Reports in line with customer expectation.
- • Contribute to and lead, as necessary, company or customer quality improvement activities.
- • Drive improvement plans and coach other functions as needed.
- • Liaise and work with other group production sites internationally.
- • Support in service tech events and their resolution.
- • Previous Programme Quality or similar customer facing experience on significant aerospace or automotive projects with a proven track record of success.
- • Experience of and working in an AS EN 9100/TS16949 organisation.
- • Good understanding of APQP tools and methodology including PFMEAs and Control Plans. Preferably a Lean Sigma Green Belt.
- • The ability to build a working group, managing change and facilitating projects.
- • Good commercial awareness.
- • Innovative, creative and able to act pragmatically.
- • A team player who can develop strong relationships with individuals at all levels within the organisational.
- • A good communicator, flexible and adaptive in approach to meet the needs of the situation.
- • Comfortable analysing data and transforming it into management information, reports and presentations.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
QUALITY ENGINEER - FAIRS (First Article Inspection Report)Published on 03/25/2020Almondsbury, Bristol, United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Quality & Compliance RepresentativePublished on 11/08/2019Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Responsable Conformité Produit H/FPublished on 03/28/2020Casablanca, Morocco Regular Full time Quality